The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Yes, and they have the best sports fans in the world.

Another shot of my house, during the retreat from Moscow. You can see the leg of a Grenadier under the drift on the left.

THAT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE GLOBAL WARMING TO ME, YOU GUYS.

The neutrinos have mutated!

That is indeed some mother effin’ weather. Stay safe, folks.

Holy shit, -49° in Chicago? Or is that -49° below average?

[edit]

I didn’t see that the temps include wind chill effect.

The high tomorrow in Chicago will be -15. The low -24.

My wife’s work told her not to come in the next two days.

I used to live in Chicago as a kid. Apparently I did not remember how windy the city got. The last few times I visited the weather was windy as hell. It sucked.

Yeah, most people have no idea, but Chicago actually gets a bit of wind now and then.

Once while living in New York I attempted to mail some packages to Montana. The post office had a color coded chart showing how many days the delivery was expected to take. Ohio was orange (one day) and Nebraska was yellow (two days) and so on.

The only state without a color was Montana. The post office was like, “Who the hell knows?”

This is what one of my co-worker’s showed me today. He’s really worried about his house and pipes.

I am crossing my fingers for him.

A huge chunk of the country will have some sinks left dripping the next few days. I hope that works!

Midlothian, eh? My house is the next town over.

Yeah, it’s a real worry. Especially if piping runs along the outer walls, kitchen sinks aren’t at particular risk.

The virtual team is from all over. It’s definitely fun to hear about everyone’s part of the country.

I don’t think I have ever been in negative degree weather… ever.

I had the radiator on my car bust while out during -20 weather, about 10 years back.

That sucked.

It’s only supposed to be -5 F or so here, but the wind chill will be in the -20s. Normally on Wed, I’d drive about an hour to play games with my buddies, but this week may not happen. If anything went wrong, it would be a really cold wait for a tow truck.

This is usually where I’d make a joke about how “cold” it is here in Southern California, but these temps are no joke. Stay safe and warm y’all.

This thread is reminding me why I moved away from Thunder Bay. Well, one of the thousand reasons I moved away from Thunder Bay, but it was the top one!

Yeah people joke about Florida but I do not miss NY winters. Hope everyone is okay.