The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

I think 13,000 ft was the intent.

yeah, feet, because I live in the USA, and k is also short for thousand.

The entire point is that article, headline, makes it seem like the island is being slammed and it’s the mountain.

Well… maybe you. I’m a big guy. :)

Most of my area is under a tow ban. So… you know it’s shit out there.

How you doin’?

Power went out here for a couple hours last night, but came on quicker than expected.

Tried to leave the house to take my wife to the airport this morning. That didn’t go so well, though we did get the Jeep back in the garage…eventually.

Works back on for me tomorrow. No idea what to expect from the commute. I don’t have to drive at least, buses the whole way.

What’s a tow ban? I lived in Ames for a couple of years, but don’t remember one of those. Does that mean ordinary citizens don’t have to worry about getting their cars towed during a winter storm?

It means tow trucks aren’t allowed to get your car if you go in a ditch outside of city limits from what I’ve gathered.

Better hope a plow or the Highway Patrol finds ya, I guess.

One more snow day for me. Local bus is canceled, can’t get my car out. Main roads look fine in Mill Creek, so not really sure why the bus is canceled. Side roads are still a slushy mess though.

I’m near Martha Lake and anything not a main arterial is still covered in snow, which makes getting out of subdivisions tricky.

This stuff is slowwwwwwwly melting.

Here in Bothell, the main roads are nice and clear, but my little side street is covered in packed snow that hasn’t yet started to turn to slush.

Day three of no school, I’m pretty sure my kids are going to eat me soon.

You only stocked up on 3 days of broccoli? Amateur mistake.

This is why you need 6 months of non-perishable food in the house. :)

Thick-It Puree, Seasoned Broccoli, 15 oz. Can

https://www.bettymills.com/puree-seasoned-broccoli-15-oz-can-h319-f8800

Heh, you can partly blame all those SteveMRE videos on YouTube, but a couple weeks ago I ordered a box of 12 MREs. I figured I could use them camping/hiking, and it’s probably good to keep them around seeing that I live in a place that’s overdue for a big earthquake.

They were supposed to arrive last Thursday, but the hill I live on was so icy from the snowstorm we got two Sundays ago that FedEx delayed. And then Snowmageddon hit, and I’m still waiting on my MREs.

which one of your limbs is non-essential?

Ech! Don’t remind me of Seveneves. (spoiler)

"Day 12: The last candle is flickering now, it won’t be long. I have been able to keep the scavengers at bay outside the FeEx truck which has become my home, but soon the lack of light will draw them back. The Box of Twelve is still intact, and my body heat is still able to keep it warm. I affirm my oath! The Box of Twelve must be protected and delivered to the Recipient Patron!

During my last outing I did manage to salvage a local map which has revealed the last leg of our route. I can hear the wolves now, far away, crying out in their hunger. As soon as the light fades I must take my chances in the dark, as the Box of Twelve and I move on towards our destination."

“Wilson is staring at me. He looks hungry.”

This is the The Postman sequel* we deserve.

* I have no idea what the original is about but I assume it’s basically this