The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

So it turns out that all it takes to summon a snow plow to your street is to spend two hours shoveling a section of it yourself. It was near-perfect comic timing.

Yep , in the northeast if you clean the bottom of your driveway, a plow is guaranteed to come by in 15 minutes or less and re-fill it.

It’s already here:

Yep, we’ve gotten a couple inches of rain just this morning. My patio is flooding :-(

Flying out to Kansas City, Missouri tomorrow morning for a volleyball tournament. Our expected arrival time at the airport is 8:30am. According to the forecast by 10:00am KC is expected to get hit with a winter storm that will dump 3-6 inches of snow throughout the day.

So it appears we will have about 90 minutes to grab our baggage, pull my rental car, flee the airport, stop at a grocery store for supplies, and make it to the hotel. They won’t have a room ready for us yet I’m sure, but at least we will be able to camp out in the lobby until they do. So much for our plans to explore the city tomorrow before the tournament starts Saturday.

Still raining. Pouring really, and has been for the last two hours. Fortunately I’m situated on a hill, but the flooding is starting to become a thing.

Looks like another round of snow is still on the menu for Seattle next week, starting Tuesday. They better get broccoli back on the shelves or it’s gonna get ugly.

Funny enough, over the weekend when we thought it would snow in Portland, I went to the store. Bananas, carrots, broccoli, and kale we’re all sold out.

But they had plenty of beets and cucumbers!

Yeah, it’s been raining a ton in the Bay. The Guadalupe River location that KQED article is talking about is about 3 miles north of my house and I’m not surprised at all.

Oof…can my packages at least get here first?

It’s balmy -10C shorts weather here today finally

Bah! Them’s not survival rations. A man needs broccoli!

Broccoli, Beets… Battlestar Galactica!

Booze. You forgot booze.

I have beer and brandy.

But then how will they make bombay sandwiches??

That brought a smile.

I-5 in Colusa County:

I’m guessing there’s a tow ban there.

I think they need a flow ban instead.

Just as long as they don’t instate a row ban.