The Mummy (2017) - Tom Cruise and the start of Universal's monster universe

Still think they should have called it the Universalverse.

:) 345

We watched this a couple weeks ago, and all I can remember about it now is the airplane/morgue stuff that was in the trailer.

Honestly, the trailer that was inadvertently released without music and just had Tom Cruise grunting was easily the best thing about this whole disaster.

Edit: still available - stick in for the plane crash part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs

I’ve tried watching this a few times now. All I can do is watch it 10 minutes at a time. Each 10 minute segment is just so stupid and boring.

I just want to be able to get through the whole thing so I can listen to the Qt3 podcast for this movie, but it’s going to be tough. It’s just … arrrrgh, it’s so mediocre.

But cute little Sofia Boutella!

-Tom

I would watch a monster universe movie where there is a dance off between Sofia Boutella and Chris Pratt.

Do you think she would succumb to his pelvic sorcery?

-xtien

Not between Sofia Boutella and the terrible exposition-through-hips work of Cara Delevingne?

After a second viewing of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets – yeah, a second viewing, what of it? – I have decided that I will not brook any nonsense about Cara Delevingne, even in her performance as filthy voodoo cavegirl* in Suicide Squad.

-Tom

* as per Kellywand’s -opsis

Is Valerian good? I never even heard of it till now.

Not even a little.

It’s streaming on Amazon Prime so I sat down to watch it, because I’m a big fan of Luc Besson’s work in the 1990s. Turns out I was rewarded with about 40 minutes of stuff happening on the screen before I switched over to watching Star Trek Beyond instead.

What???

I almost have to see it now, if Tom has watched it TWICE.

Those are real people? I thought they were CG?

No345

-Tom

Hey, I can relate to watching terrible, semi-big-budget sci-fi movies multiple times- I’ve watched Jupiter Ascending a few myself.

Hah, I was so bored (the wife out of town) last Saturday that I watched something on NetFlix called “Singularity.” Arguably the worst movie I’ve ever seen. Even worse than “The Black Hole” which is my go-to for worst movie ever.

Hey you take that back, I love The Black Hole! Which is to say I loved it forty years ago and I see no reason why my opinion should have changed.