The Muslim Ban: America Loses Its Mind.

I’d argue it’s a pretty Christian thing to point out to other Christians when they’re full of shit.

I don’t think they need to stage something unless they want to radically speed up the game. What they are doing is intentionally antagonistic towards the Muslim world. They know this will assist in radicalization and swell the ranks of terrorist groups. They know this will increase the likelihood of future attacks which they can then use to justify their agenda and consolidate their hold on power. They are willing to sacrifice American lives and American interests to solidify their hold on power. Indeed, they and the terrorists are now on exactly the same page and have exactly the same goals – A holy war between the West and Islam.

This is a lulu:

Just when you think Conway can’t do a thing that’s more disgusting and infuriating than the previous one, she always finds a way to prove you wrong very quickly. Unbelievable.

100,000 visas revoked in Muslim ban. But, sure, it was just a hundred or so people “inconvenienced”.

She is a bad person and nobody should listen to her.

Unfortunately the same description applies to lots of people currently holding the levers of power.

The New Yorker cover for the next issue.

My wife handed me a pile of earlier New Yorkers that she finished reading through. Most predate the election. As I scan them for interesting book reviews etc., I pretty much can’t bear to look at anything topical. All of the current-affairs stuff was written with a combination of dire fear at a Trump victory, and tacit belief that Hillary would pull out the win.

Every time I see this kind of mayday type pieces from the media, I keep thinking… where the fuck where they during the campaign? Now they care? Now that they aren’t getting clicks, jacking up their TV ratings… now is too late. Now they let themselves be demonized as false news by the talking ass whom they gave full and complete coverage too for free.

Well, to be fair, the New Yorker was relentlessly anti-Trump for months prior to the election. I wouldn’t put his victory on them, of all media outlets.

I see this sentiment a lot now and I wonder if we saw the same election coverage? I distinctly remember news outlets reporting all the craziness from Trump, pointing out his lies, fact-checking him, and showing the GOP hypocrisy. A lot. None it stopped him and if anything it only emboldened his supporters. Even Fox News lost their patience with him on a few occasions.

On the other hand, the news couldn’t refuse to cover his antics once he was in the primaries. At that point, he’s a legit candidate, no matter how stupid he acted.

Yes, but few, if any, media outlets actually gave any consideration to the possibility he might win. It was a circus, a laughing stock, that they didn’t take seriously. And at the same time, they repeated on an endless loop every new blip on the [maynard g krebs]Emails![/mgk] front. I think those contributed to low voter turnout, among other things.

It ended up swinging that way, but especially during the GOP primary, CNN may as well renamed themselves as TNN. And of course throughout the campaign, in the quest to be even, balanced, and fair, any awfulness of Trump had to be balanced with hours of EMAILZ.

I saw them playing to Trumps call, broadcasting whatever Trump wanted and when he wanted. Any time he spouted something completely false or way out there, they hopped over to try and do their “fair” coverage to show Hillary was just the same.

If Trump said I can murder people and no one would care, haha haha, they jumped over to cover Hillary sneezing as if that was the same thing. If he or his croonies came up with some bullshit event or story that was never true, they covered emails.

He is sitting there calling the media liars, and they’re just broadcasting it live… because suddenly news is just his twitter feed and what he had for breakfast that morning, not actual substance or facts.

Growing up in Raleigh, Jesse Helms used to have a opinion segment at the end of the evening news. Yep. About as fun as it sounds.

We’re in the day and age that CNN needs to start doing the same when it looks like Donald Trump is going to win the election. You need to outright tell people not to vote for him and why… don’t remain neutral.

This, this, so much fucking this. Sure they would talk about his insane ideas, bad plans, and lies. But there was an analysis before that showed that, on balance, they covered e-mails more than all of that combined, that Clinton got more negative coverage, and was generally more critically analyzed.

The “EMAILS” criticism is fair. I think the news played into that one. Then again, so did a bunch of otherwise sane Americans.

I disagree that we can seriously have expected news outlets to not cover Trump’s antics. He acted the fool all during the primaries and the general election, and that’s news that needs to be reported. The fact that some voters can’t distinguish between someone looking like a crazy person and someone being a statesman isn’t the news media’s fault. Hang that around decades of shit education and the overall slide into Twitter culture.

Let’s be honest. This broken-ass relationship between the news and GOP politics didn’t start with Trump.

No, but they could have taken his candidacy seriously. And impressed upon people that he had a legitimate chance to win. As @ArmandoPenblade said, voters are stupid.