The Muslim Ban: America Loses Its Mind.

Nice appeals court you have there. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it.

China shows Trump how to do a proper Muslim ban.

First, remove all of everyone’s rights.
Then kill or disappear anyone who says anything about it.
Makes things a hell of a lot easier.

The Ninth is reviewing Watson’s decision RE travel ban: ca9.uscourts.gov, C-Span

“Sara is worse than we thought,” Zuniga, a paralegal who accompanied the sister to the Texas detention facility, said. “Death may be imminent.”

She said Beltran Hernandez is “very weak” and can barely walk.

“I feel dizzy, with pain. Heavy eyes. Nausea. If I walk fast, I feel dizzy. Noise really bothers me. I have not eaten since yesterday . . . because I have no appetite. Sometimes, I forget things. The tongue is not always responsive,” Beltran Hernandez told an attorney who visited her at the detention center Thursday, according to The Associated Press.

Syed Ali is an American citizen, an officer in the New York Police Department, a combat veteran and a major in the United States Army Reserve. But none of that made a difference at passport control last month when he arrived at Kennedy Airport on an evening flight from Istanbul.

After landing, Officer Ali was led from passport control to a holding area for what Customs and Border Protection refers to as secondary screening. But instead of a quick check to confirm his identity, Officer Ali said, he was held for hours, past midnight. When he asked, after more than an hour of waiting, whether it would take much longer, an officer threatened to incarcerate him, he said.

“If you can’t sit patiently, I can gain compliance from you by putting you in a detainment cell,” he recalled a Customs and Border Protection officer’s telling him.

“I feel like my rights were violated,” Officer Ali said in an interview, still sounding a little shaken. “Are you telling me that every guy with the last name Ali is a terrorist? Are you telling me every guy with brown skin coming in from overseas is a terrorist?”

Gosh nobody thought any of this would happen except for everyone with a functional cerebral cortex.

It just goes to show how a lot of bad apples (or other words…) have managed to get a job at “border control”/DHS, which should’ve been pretty apparent any time you travel by air.

Trump supporters and anti-immigrant folks will say that shipping out a dying illegal alien is good because otherwise the good upstanding citizens would have to pay for her treatment and recovery.

I just post this here.

What Could Go Wrong?

thinks of the President, his intellectual status, and location of said speech

Put this in the optimism thread, think of what could go right!

Ok that was dark.

About that:

Mr Trump will speak to around 50 Muslim leaders and will take part in opening a centre there which is dedicated to promote moderate Islam, said national security adviser H R McMaster.

The President will “will deliver an inspiring but direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and the president’s hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam to dominate across the world,” Mr McMaster said.

“The speech is intended to unite the broader Muslim world against common enemies of all civilization and to demonstrate America’s commitment to our Muslim partners,” Mr McMaster added.

Saudi Arabia will be the first country Mr Trump will visit since his Inauguration.

Although Mr Trump’s itinerary might mirror that of former President Barack Obama’s speech in Cairo in 2009, where he spoke of violent extremism and “tensions” between the communities, it is likely the style and substance of Mr Trump’s speech will be significantly different.

Saudi Arabia, the exporter of the most peaceful version of that faith. This will go well.
Can’t be worse than the Austrian President suggesting European women all submit to become the mans property, though. Edit: Then again, I guess it can.

“Men in Saudi Arabia have the authority to divorce their wives without going to the courts,” Trump said. “I guess that would also mean they don’t need prenuptial agreements. The fact is, no courts, no judges—Saudi Arabia sounds like a very good place to get a divorce.” -Buzfeed in 2008: Trump Praised Saudi Arabia’s Shariah Law for Making It Easy for Men to Get Divorced

Women as property sounds right up Trump’s street tbh. Surprised he hasnt converted already. Islam is the ultimate patriarchy.

I’m wondering how all the Trumpets will react to Trump’s vision of Islam dominating the world.

Trump is so smart! He’s such a great negotiator, tricking the dumb Muslims into thinking he likes Islam. He’s actually with us, though, working to keep America white!

[quote=“Article”]
“The speech is intended to unite the broader Muslim world against common enemies of all civilization and to demonstrate America’s commitment to our Muslim partners,” Mr McMaster added.[/quote]

As long as they stay in their own countries and don’t try to enter ours.

I can’t imagine Trump’s people actually go through with letting him give this speech. The potential for disastrous consequences is just off-the-charts high. You’re counting on the man to stick to the script and read directly from the teleprompter at a time when he is desperate to make himself appear strong, relevant and “bigly Presidential” in the wake of everything going on around him right now. The risk is very high that he’ll go “Forrest Trump” and even odds say he’ll work in some mention of how he won the election.

File under “SEE YOU IN COURT”.

What, the president just said that millions of Americans are “real losers.” OK maybe not, but maybe we can convince a bunch of people that he did.

Sessions announces they will take this to the SCOTUS:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/25/530051807/4th-circuit-court-ruling-keeps-trumps-travel-ban-on-hold