The Muslim Ban: America Loses Its Mind.

It’s like they are reading the script for The Siege and trying to recreate it scene by scene.

The thing about The Siege that always gets me is that scene in which Bruce Willis’ character explicitly tries to warn the Staff off their course of action.

[quote]
Chief of Staff: General?
General William Devereaux: The Army is a broadsword, not a scalpel. Trust me, senator, you do not want the Army in an American city.
Chief of Staff: But hypothetically… how long would it take you to deploy?
General William Devereaux: You know we can’t go in until the President invokes the War Powers Act.
Chief of Staff: I understand that, General. Let’s assume, for a moment, that the order has been given.
General William Devereaux: Twelve hours after the President gives the order we can be on the ground. One light infantry division of 10,700 men, elements of the Rapid Deployment Force, Special Forces, Delta, APCs, helicopters, tanks, and of course the ubiquitous M16A1 assault rifle. A humble enough weapon until you see it in the hands of a man outside your local bowling alley or 7-11. It will be noisy. It will be scary, and it will not be mistaken for a VFW parade.
Army General: I wanna remind you, General Devereaux does not speak for official Army policy. A police function has become accepted as our role in Haiti and Somalia.
General William Devereaux: Make no mistake. We will hunt down the enemy. We will find the enemy. And we will kill the enemy. No card-carrying member of the ACLU is more deadset against it than I am. Which is why I urge you - I implore you - do not consider this as an option.
Chief of Staff: I know just what the President’s going to say: that’s exactly why your the only man for the job.[/quote]

The main problem I have with comparing modern conservatives with the characters in The Siege is that even the worst characters in The Siege were two standard deviations more intelligent than the average modern conservative.

Winning!

Fantastic.

Now this is legal jujitsu I can grasp - Trump
Is boxed in now. I’m guessing Trump is unwilling to swallow his pride and admit his tweets are the digital equivalent of the verbal diarrhea he ceaselessly dribbles.

Now he’ll say he was always just joking around on Twitter. Locker room talk…

Hahaahahahahah
Oh trump, you’re so stupid.
This is gonna make him tweet more.

I’ll see you in court! Again!

The local state senator is a Quaker and complete shitbag politically- his daughter was ok though.

At this point you guys are going to have to become Democrats- destroy the current Republicans, then split up once that is done into reasonable left and right-wing parties.

This is about the survival of America. If it opposes Trumpism I’m for it.

I kept expecting a prominent Republican to step forward in 2016. Someone who could command respect and draw centrists from both republicans that didn’t want Trump and Dems that didn’t want Hillary. Someone that could split off from the tea-party types and create a third party. Anyone half-decent could have shifted massive numbers of “not Hillary” or “lesser of two evils” votes.

This is what I’ve already done.
I was torn between doing that or staying on the GOP side and just trying to moderate the candidates, but I feel like the GOP is a lost cause at this point. It cannot be fixed.

The party needs to die completely, and then have the Democratic party separate into two parties again, just like it did previously.

There is such a man.

I don’t think that following this administration is going to be the ideal time to have someone in office that doesn’t know how Washington works, but I’d take President The Rock over President The Cock-holster.

Couldn’t agree more.

Evan McMullin tried. He has my respect even if i don’t agree with any of his policies.

Yeah, he seemed to give it a shot and continues to tweet back at the guy in charge quite reasonably.