The NCAA Men’s Basketball Thread (And the Feds)

It would also be better without the NCAA.

-xtien

You guys are seriously bumming me out right when March Madness is about to start.

(of course you’re right but still!!!)

He should never have been playing in the NCAA to begin with. He should already be in the NBA.

You can argue that Williamson will be way better off for having played a year in college. If he was drafted in 2018, he would have gone where? Not #1. So he’d be playing (really well) for a lousy Atlanta or Memphis or some such team. Not so much of a salary difference, but he’d be on TV maybe a couple of times all year and not pulling in much at all for endorsements. Now, even if he winds up in Phoenix, he gets a ton of attention and endorsements. And if he winds up in New York???

Has Qt3 ever done March Madness brackets? Is there a thread for that?

We could have but I think you’re, uh… late to the party (since the games start in about 25 minutes from this post).

Always nice to see the school with more reputable academics (LSU) defeat the team with dodgy admissions standards (Yale).

Nice.

Heartbreaking loss for New Mexico State - fought back from double digits down to within 2 with 1.1 secs to go and get fouled on a 3 pointer, and miss 2/3 FT’s. Ouch!

The Spartans are struggling against Bradley but I have faith they will win. Bradly is no Middle Tennessee.

Yeah, and to pass up the seemingly open layup to kick it out for the 3 when only down 2 with a couple seconds left just adds to the heartbreak.

They ended up winning by 11. State has bench depth this season and Bradley simply ran out of gas. MSU shot poorly especially from 3 and Bradley was hot early. It almost cost them.

Don’t look now (well, actually do).

#1 Virginia down 12 in the 1st half to Gardner Webb (26-14)…

UVa has been a 2nd half team all year, but still. Hoo fans have to be having nightmare flashbacks right about now.

K-State is on the ropes versus UC Irvine.

I can’t believe Cinci blew that game against Iowa.

The formula for Cincy in your bracket: [predicted advancement based on seed]-1

Seems it has been that way for years.

Buffalo certainly look deserving of their 6 seed.

Shoutout to the Big Ten who went 7-0 in the first round, so far, including a few upsets.

And it looks like Wisconsin may screw that perfect start up.

Oregon is going to be a nasty surprise. They had a lot of injuries during the season but they’re healthy now, and they’ve got a lock-down defense that is really, really good. They completely stifled my team twice in the past couple weeks.