The necromancers are rising in Diablo III

The $14.99 DLC adds the necromancer character class, two more character slots, and some cosmetic bits for players to fawn over. The necromancer is built around generating and directing mobs of undead minions. Also, they make corpses explode. The pack will arrive alongside the free 2.6.0 update which features Challenge Rifts, a weekly community throw-down based on selected character builds.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/06/21/necromancers-rising-diablo-iii/

This is something I’ll definitely get… eventually. I mean, Steam sale coming tomorrow. I’ll probably be busy for a while.

I’m sad that this is only coming out for the Playstation 45! I only have the old Playstation 44.

You should wait for the PlayStation 46 then. The 45 only adds HHDDMI to the 44. The 46 will have HHHDDDMI.

Look, I’m perfectly happy with my 348000p display. Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but I really don’t need the 696000p resolution of the PS46 HHHDDDMI output.

When pixels get Planck length, this industry is going to fall apart.

Yep. It will literally walk the Planck.

Whoa, this is coming out soon? I had no idea.

Has there ever been a game that’s staved off irrelevance as long as Diablo III? Besides Civilization IV, of course.

-Tom

Everquest 1, Tom. Everquest 1…

Yeah, EQ lasted way longer than I expected

What do you mean lasted? Still going!

Hm, yeah, I guess you’re right!

Ha ha, you guys still play Everquest?

-Tom

Best thing about Necros is you get to have someone else do the fighting for you.

I miss Asheron’s Call.

By the sound of it (since i didn’t play the beta) there are two good builds. A pet one and a bone armor melee one. So 50/50

Necro really should have been a launch class. I’ve played every class to 70 and WD is by far my least favorite. I hope they flush that turd in D4 (if there is ever such a thing).

Everquest is the best game ever made :P The TLP is fantastic. EQ forever. I’ve gone back to EQ at least 10 times, and every time I get hooked back in. The new TLP is amazing, because there is always a group and it’s teaming with people, the way a proper MMO should be. None of this solo, follow the ? icon crap.

3 nights a week raiding.

Anyway, yeah playing necro in Season 11. I’ll get it launch day to practice the initial season sprint!

Will necromancers really command armies of the dead ala Diablo 2 or will it just be a few minions of the dead like the witch doctor? If it is armies, then it has my interest. If it just a few minions at a time, then Ill pass.