I think its time we have a thread dedicated to hive-mind recommended TV shows on Netflix. I know there are a ton of websites out there that offer recommendations, but the all tend to have the same list of shows on there which I've either seen or don't really have and interest in seeing.
Here are some shows I've watched recently. There are other great shows on Netflix (Like Lost and Firefly) but these are specifically shows I've watched ON Netflix.
* means the show is still ongoing or allegedly ongoing so don't expect a neat conclusion
I'll kick things off with shows people ought to watch:
- *Sherlock (BBC): This show turned me into a male "Cumberbitch"
- *Luther (BBC): I think the only TV show that rivals Sherlock in writing, acting, and execution is this show. Idris Elba plays badass Sherlock (Some episodes get pretty dark)
- Breaking Bad: I'm sure everyone has seen this, no real description needed. Great show.
- *Daredevil: Really enjoyed this one, one of the Marvel/Netflix productions, haven't seen the others
- *Gotham: Haven't finished the first season (which is the only one available right now) but I've seen enough to say as of now that I am thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Its some fun dramatic irony since you know what happens to these notable characters 15-20 years down the line. It also unfortunately removes some tension because you know certain characters won't die.
- *House of Cards: First season was great, second season was great - 1, third season was good. Not a good trend but its still good enough to fully recommend.
Shows you could watch:
- Damages: First season was great, following seasons are good but no where near as good as the first. Best description is "Devil Wears Prada Legal"
- Everybody Loves Raymond: YMMV with this one, but as someone who has a crazy close family, I found it really funny. Its also funny to see how horrible they are at making an intro. 9 seasons and they never got a good one. Some of the first attempts are mindbogglingly horrible
- *Once Upon A Time: Bad show with horrible acting and really dumb plot twists, yet something compelling with how all the Disney stories collide. Structured a bit like Lost, clearly some of the Lost team transitioned to this show. I probably wouldn't watch it if my wife wasn't still into it. Henry needs to be written off somehow. (I'm a big Disney geek)
- Twin Peaks: With the amount of hype this show got I kept expecting it to actually build to something but it never did. Way too much filler. There could have been an interesting show somewhere in there, but it never showed itself. Its apparently being remade for Showtime, maybe wait for that.
Anyone else have anything they've watched recently (that's interesting?)