The new Alien 8th passanger game, by Creative Assembly

What.

Aliens vs. Napoleon?

So… Does your forts & cities automatically get a hive in the basement when you build the Weyland Yutani Atmosphere Processing Plant upgrade?

Nostromo:Total War?

What we do know that it’s described only as an ‘action’ game and will be tackled primarily by the team who made Viking: Battle for Asgard on the console toys. However, CA are staffing up hugely to tackle this game. They’re increasing their UK headcount to 200, and picking up a new 10,000 sq ft studio for the purposes of this

What’s a passanger?

It’s like a Schulde, more or less.

There better be eggs and flamethrowers…

Mr Assange with P&R? - This is Qt3, after all :p

Anyway… Even though I love Alien to bits, I’d much rather see a TW game with WEGO mechanics and SupCom camera controls. Or at least be able to look forward to be disappointed with future TW games.
Neither of which seems likely if they’re doubling the staff to make a game that has almost zero chance of not mutilating the source material and gleefully molesting its remains.

I remember playing the old C64 Alien game a LOT! I don’t think anyone ever survived though - pretty cool game for its time. Love the setting, so will get this no matter what I’m sure.

Viking was a travesty. Still, so was Empire: TW, and Shogun 2 knocked it out of the park in comparison, so Creative Assembly obviously has learning capacity. If they apply it properly… and if they make a fucking lot of aliens, like in Starship Trooper quantities… well… it could be good.

More On Alien: 'Action' Title, New Studio | Rock Paper Shotgun
What we do know that it’s described only as an ‘action’ game and will be tackled primarily by the team who made Viking: Battle for Asgard on the console toys.

Give me a fucking break.

That’s just a running gag on RPS. I don’t think they’re (very) serious about it.

Given that I strongly associate platform advocacy with 12 year olds who can’t afford any game systems other than the one their parents bought them, reading that in what is supposed to be an informative article about a game targeted at adults is a pretty big turn-off.

It’s a pc gaming site, it’s all very tongue in cheek. They also have consoles.

Really, it’s just their Dry British Wit ™. I’d agree with you usually, but RPS is just trying to be funny.

Why would they make a fucking lot of aliens and call it Alien instead of Aliens?

But will there be cornbread?

Yeah, sigh, I reread it after posting and realized it was Alien singular. So now I really don’t know why Creative Assembly is doing it. Oh well, one never knows, but skepticism is definitely high.

Maybe you play an alien gestating in William Hurt’s colon? The end boss is the epidermal layer.