The new Alien 8th passanger game, by Creative Assembly

Yeah, maybe it’s a breakout clone.

That is one hell of a long ovipositor.

I find it more damming that a gaming journo and overall cool dude like Matt have apparently never read RPS. It’s not like good game writing are hanging on trees these days (of course it all went to hell when Kieron buggered off to write children’s books)

I would have said that this was probably a tie-in with Ridley Scott’s upcoming Alien prequel, but that project is no longer really based in the Alien narrative.

Ha, I was just thinking of that game when I saw the post. I liked how the android and first person to die (facehugger victim) were randomized to keep things dynamic and to keep up the paranoia element from game to game. Guess it’s way too soon to say what direction Creative Assembly will go with the game, but it’d be cool if they could re-capture some of that feel.

The best Aliens game I’ve played on a pc is the freeware single player Space Hulk knockoff, Alien Assault. A distant second is the Aliens flash remake of the boardgame, because that shit is too hard even for this kind of game.

There was a cool aliens platformer on SNES as well, had to run around different parts of the colony to collect weapons / ammo etc

I remember obtaining blue flamer fuel as being highly desirable.