The new animated GIFs thread that is ONLY posts with animated GIFs in them!

And you thought Starbucks was everywhere
https://gfycat.com/SadShinyAlligatorsnappingturtle

A few years ago, one of the big tire chains suddenly expanded from one store in my area to 5 in a 3 or 4 mile radius, including two locations literally 300 yards apart.

From an episode of CHiPs?

I was guessing Magnum PI.

Flipper?

Another great gif. Looks like two people know it. I’m really surprised and wish I could post something cooler, but I love T.C. so I’ll post him.

-xtien

Also I cannot resist:

-xtien

I loved T.C. because I wanted his helicopter.

My love of helicopters started from

I used to spend days trying to make Lego versions

Magnum P.I. was the bomb. I used to sit around and watch TV with my Mom when I was a youngun and between Golden Girls, Designing Women, Matlock, and Magnum P.I., Magnum P.I. was the coolest. :)

Okay. Uh. What is that animation of Magnum stuff? What is that? It’s such a joy to hear that theme song again–Magnum P.I. made Thursday nights for me as a kid, along with Simon and Simon–but I don’t understand what that animation is.

Is it from that show Archer? Or is it riffing on it? What is going on?

-xtien

WHAT! THE! FUCK!

You are now the person who has convinced me that I have to watch Archer. Congratulations.

In other news…I have to watch a new television series. Dang it.

-xtien

This has also reminded me that I’m a couple of seasons BEHIND on Archer and really should get caught up.

Like most of my favorite comedies, it took a little while for it to get good, so don’t give up after 2 episodes or whatever. I mean, for Parks and Rec and The Office it took getting into the second season to really come to love it, and I think it took a while for me to do the same with Archer. It’s sophomoric as shit though, so keep that in mind. :)

I had to get to season 4 of Parks and Rec until it took, and that happened because my son’s soccer coach was the production designer on the show and I saw it was free to view on a plane and I wanted to see his name. I laughed so loudly that I got shushed. So I totally get that.

Now I watch Parks and Rec over and over, and my son is a huge fan of the show too. And of The Office. I feel a little guilty about that, but it’s good stuff.

-xtien