The New TTT trailer!

Anyone else take a look at the new TTT trailer? What can I say? Fucking amazing! I think this movie is going to surpass the FOTR. Truly an awe inspiring trailer. :shock:

I probably shouldn’t do this, but…

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordoftherings/TheTwoTowers-tlr_fs.zip

I’ve seen it streaming, but didn’t know where I could download it. Thanks, Met_K. (Has anyone said that before? :-) )

It does look phenomenal. Every trailer I’ve seen so far has led to the same conclusion: Yes, this will be better than Fellowship. (Not that that should surprise anybody…The second part of a three-part story will always contain the bulk of the excitement, 'cause that’s where the climax lives.) But here, that may be irrelevant. The Two Towers will be better because of two words:

Helm’s Deep.

Helm’s Deep will no doubt be amazing. I’m also looking forward to seeing the Rohirrim in all their glory, since Jackson really knows how to handle horses cinematically. And Brad Dourif as Grima Wormtongue could not have been a better casting choice.

But I gotta say, from what I’ve seen I’ve got some serious reservations about the CGI Gollum…

Heh, super-bitchin’.

I think Gollum looks great! So do the Rohirrim and the battle of Helm’s Deep. But what’s up with that 19th century English officer jacket Theoden is wearing? Couldn’t they find something a little bit more in line with the faux-Norman look of the Rohirrim? Like, a flowing medieval gown?

Oh, and it seems Arwen’s role is expanded again, far beyond the book this time. Hope it’s just the trailer and we won’t get treated to a silly Hollywood love story. :x

You didn’t expect them to sign on Liv Tyler, and not give her more screen time that Tolkein gave Arwen, did you?

Anybody notice the closing orchestra music? its the ass to ass theme from requiem for a dream! or really the drug nightmare scenes.

The only probelm with the trailer is Legolas surfing on the stairs… kinda stupid.

BTW looks like they WILL show some of Gandalf’s epic battle with the Balrog! Also saw some worgs. AWESOME ANDRE DAWSON SAMMY DIDNT HIT 500!

etc

I like Legolas surfing down the stairs!! I think that’s a nice touch. A very elven thing to do. ;)

I also like seeing him shoot from horseback. Very slick.

The Rohirrim are supposed to be norsemen, Vikings, not the Normans.
Yep, Arwen has a bigger role (considering neither she, nor Elrond, were evn in the Two Towers book). As do Eowyn and Galadriel (who also wasn’t in Two Towers). But nothing wacky.

The large quick-time movies are now available, for download:

Amazing trailer. I’m not sure it tops the final trailer from Fellowship, but it’s still excellent. Those two minutes were more entertaining than any movie I’ve seen this year.

That trailer is great to see. I’m inspired by the ent feet we see in one shot. Was there more of them in there? I’ll have to download the high-res trailer.

In related news, did anyone see the new gameplay video from the TT PS2 game? It looks like they are doing something that I’ve been wanting to see for a while, which is give you Soul Calibur-style weapon fighting in the middle of a huge battle. It is available at Fileplanet, not sure if they posted it anywhere else.

Edit: Found the link: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/113486.shtml

Norman means the same as norseman, it’s just a shorter term (or maybe the Frenchified term). If you’re thinking of the inhabitants of Normandy, this part of France was named after the Normans/Norsemen/Vikings who had settled there and were eventually given a duchy by the French king since they refused to leave.

The Normans who eventually conquered Anglo-Saxon England were a few centuries apart from the original Norse invaders, though, and rather heavily influenced by French and Christian culture. But I was indeed thinking of the heathen Nor(se)men that originally came down from Scandinavia into Christian Europe starting in the 8th century.

Just the feet, but they’re sure looking good! :)

My take: hee! hee! hee! oboy-oboy-oboy!

That’s because your brain was yelling “CGI alert! This is not real!” Once he’s onscreen for more than 1/2 sec your CGI detector will quiet down and your suspension of disbelief will kick in, that is if its good CGI which I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be.

>The Normans who eventually conquered Anglo-Saxon England were a few centuries apart from the original Norse invaders, though, and rather heavily influenced by French and Christian culture.

Yes, I thought you were referring to the Normans circa-1066, who conquered England at the same time the Vikings (distant cousins, I guess!) were serendipitiously attacking Northern Britain.

Bah, you and your inappropriate attire comments – you have no credibility, Nahr, after you argued that the weaponry should have huge gems on the pommels. I think Jackson’s team has done an amazing job at making everything seem functional, and practical. er, real. I’m pretty psyched that Toronto gets another exhibit again:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1033397752

In related news, did anyone see the new gameplay video from the TT PS2 game?

Yeah, that trailer was actually pretty amazing too. It started with footage from the movie which eventually morphed into gameplay footage. At first you almost don’t notice. The flaming cannon balls flying towards the camera and clipping the tops of the walls also looked brilliant.

But it’s not just the weaponry and the jacket – if the trailer is anything to go buy Liv Tyler still doesn’t wear a chainmail bikini! How is this a decent fantasy flick in the great tradition of the timeless classic Red Sonja by any stretch of imagination?

Oh, and I hate you for getting to see even more LOTR exhibits. Hope they’ll move the show to other locations, it’s unfair that Toronto should keep it all to itself!

Ha! I think you are right! I had wondered where I heard this before. Today was my first chance to see this new trailer and I loved the music but thought it sounded familiar.

It was Requeim from a Dream. Speaking of which – does anyone know where the music from the Fellowship of the Rings trailer was from? I liked it better than any of Howard Shore’s score in the film.

That trailer is great to see. I’m inspired by the ent feet we see in one shot. Was there more of them in there? I’ll have to download the high-res trailer.

When I re-read TTT last summer I thought “what an awesome scene the marching Ents would make”… I really hope it’s in there.