The newest features in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater are dad bods and grey hair

The newest features in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater are dad bods and grey hair Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 collection is the inevitable high resolution remaster of the classic skating games, but the lineup has something the old games didn’t. Middle age. The titular star is 52 years old and he appears in the game with his modern look thanks to developer Vicarious Visions’ decision to update the in-game models to match his real age. He looks damn good for 52! That goes for all the other skaters, too. You’ll get Bucky Lasek at 47, Steve Caballero at 55, and Bob Burnquist at 43. Even Elissa Steamer is depicted as the 44 year old she is now. (You can see the new models at around the 38 second mark of the trailer.) It’s a nice change of pace for an industry that usually panders to a younger audience.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/05/18/the-newest-features-in-tony-hawks-pro-skater-are-dad-bods-and-grey-hair/

Oh, I’m so going to play this.

I absolutely loved the games when they came out and felt all the disappointments up until this day concerning their less than stellar sequels.

One thing I wonder: Is the gameplay actually still good & fun or is it just nostalgia?
I tend towards the former, as there must be a reason the sequels never felt quite right to me. Including the sequels that weren’t that long after 1 and 2.

Not sure if there is a younger audience for skating these days. Or did that make a comeback?

What will they do for the next remake 20 years from now?

Hoverboards.

I meant what are the athletes going to do in 20 years?

Hoverboards.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Walker