The NFL 2016 Season

I imagine that’s precisely the point. They probably want to get the coaching situation straightened out before they open a new stadium in a couple of years.

I wonder if they might pay huge money to grab a big name coach, maybe lure Gruden or Cowher out of retirement.

Those neon green uniforms the Seahawks were wearing last night were really unflattering. It made all these highly toned athletes look fat, I thought.

That was the best Thursday Night Football game I’ve seen on a Saturday this year.

Here’s the moment the Jets decided not to block Miami’s two best Defensive Linemen on the same play.

RIP Petty.

The Fitzpatrick curse is so very real it’s not even funny anymore.

Crushing last minute loss today for the Chiefs. Tennessee needed to get a 53 yard field goal in the last seconds of the game, with no time out. Andy Reid did the time out for the Chiefs, right before the kick. A kick that was short. So the missed kick didn’t count. The second time, there was no time out right before the kick, and the kick went through. Ugh.

It didn’t help that they gave Hill, who ran over 60 yards early for a TD, exactly zero touches the rest of the game on offense. Mind-boggling.

Ahahahahahha

That is probably the saddest thing I’ve ever seen. The o-line can’t even be bothered to try to block. That poor bastard.

EARTHWAKE + SUHNAMI!

There was a play earlier in the game where the Jets didn’t even look at Wake as he hooked around and sacked Petty and I said “Petty must owe his linemen money or something.” Then a couple quarters later that play happened.

Thankfully Petty was joking about it on his instagram the next day, so I feel less bad watching the replay over and over.

Meanwhile a recap of the Buffalo vs Cleveland football game.

That was amusing.

It was better than the game at least.

Browns win!

Although I think it’s more of a Browns thing for them to go 1-15 and not get the first pick than to go 0-16.

No need to fret. The Niners out-Browned the Browns by beating the Rams. At least we get the satisfaction of knowing that any fans the Rams might actually have will live all off-season knowing they were 0-2 vs the Niners.

Ah damn it. I totally forgot that there were Saturday games this week.

Edit: Holy shit, that ARI-SEA game. I’m exhausted after just watching a 9 minute highlight reel. What an intense game!

Saw this over at NeoGAF:

I just realized I woke up today in the 70s: Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Chiefs and Dolphins in the Playoffs…

Is the Victory Pepper fresh?

So the Buccaneers can still make the playoffs this year, provided all the following happens:

Bucs win against Panthers
Colts win against Jags
Cowboys win against Eagles
Lions win against Packers
Titans win against Texans
Niners win against Seahawks

Washington and the NY Giants tie

Who’s ready to put some money down on that combination?

Even weirder is that I think the Lions and Packers can BOTH make it into the playoffs this weekend if that game finishes in a tie.