The NFL 2016 Season

Thats not entirely true. This is from ESPN

I’ve seen Berman a few times doing some sort of solo wrap-up thing after NFL broadcasts this season, and he has seemed, bluntly, confused and exhausted. I’ve been sort of expecting him to retire.

Well, the first wildcard weekend game was the stinker that we all expected. Cook looked terribly unprepared and inexperienced, not surprising at all since that’s exactly what you’d expect from a rookie 3rd stringer in his first start. Houston’s offense still looks awful, but a couple of short fields and one actual decent drive was plenty to win today. Gonna be a different story for them next week.

Great first half in the Seattle-Detroit game. I really hope Seattle’s Defense is as successful in the second half too. That Richardson catch initially looked like the best one handed catch I’d ever seen, until they started showing replays of where his other hand was.

Well, the good news for us Michigan folks is that a guy from our state had a great game in Seattle. The bad news is that it was Thomas Rawls and he plays for the Seahawks. There were a few calls that went against the Lions, but I can’t see how it would have made much difference if they’d gone the other way.

Two terrible games today. Tomorrow…I think the Steelers will crush the Dolphins. The second game might be closer, but I think the Packers will win.

I’m hoping you’re right, but Manning and the Giants have been hot and have a good history in frigid playoff games in Lambeau.

What? The Seahawks were awesome. They could beat any team with one arm tied behind their backs!

What surprised me the most was that the Seahawks offensive line looked… well, if not decent then at least an unexpected notch or two above mediocre.

If it weren’t for the absence of Earl Thomas, I might actually be optimistic for the rest of this post-season.

I wore my #15 Baldwin jersey yesterday for the game, joking that the team needed to find their old mojo. My wife says I may have to wear it for the next game too and she will wear #89.

As for the Giants being hot, Packers are the hottest team in the league right now. I think the Giants are running into a buzzsaw.

My in-laws in New Jersey say I owe them for rooting for the Seahawks yesterday so, uh - go Giants!

GB didn’t turn the buzzsaw on until sometime in the 2nd quarter–I guess the city wanted to save the power. 2.5 quarters of Aaron Rodgers and company was plenty to embarrass the Giants. And given how despicable I find Beckham, his disappearance today couldn’t have happened at a better time.

Every time they cut to Joe Buck in the late game, all I could think of was hair plug addiction.

First playoffs week, all of the favorites covered easily. Next week things will get interesting.

I like Seattle +4.5. I’ll also take Houston +16. Pit +1, gimme that. Green Bay +4 is my toughest call.

https://imgur.com/lMcPBeA.jpg

Yeah I like Houston too but winning that one is going to take a miracle.

@olaf isn’t saying Houston winning, merely covering the spread.

So all Houston has to do is lose by less than 16. Which… is still a tough task, but at least a plausible outcome.

Yeah, I figure the Pats hang about 40+ points during the game, so the Texans are going to have to do a lot more than I expect them to do to cover at 16.

I’ll take your word for it. I’ve spent more time reading this thread than I have watching football all year. I think I’m at around 15 minutes, almost by accident.

The fact that every one is expecting the Patriots to win 44-7 means it will be a close game. The Football Gods punish hubris by helping garbage teams cover the spread.