THE NFL 2017 Season

Kerry Collins and later Jake Delhomme were both big on this for Carolina to the point our nickname became the Cardiac Cats for a time. In fact, it nearly got us a Superbowl win in 2003 versus the Patriots. Given a little more time, I’m sure Delhomme would have brought us back ahead (again) during the game.

That being said, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will probably always be the leaders of the 4th quarter comeback.

Hellllooooo… John Elway anyone?

Over his professional career, Elway led Denver to 35 comeback wins in the 4th quarter & overtime, tied for third with Johnny Unitas.[37]

Montana as well. It seems most of the great QB’s have the attribute in common, but not all of them. John Elway was awesome to watch in his prime.

This. Fuck Joe Montana. (Not really, as he’s awesome). Two Super Bowls, two come-from-behind wins over the Bengals. Fuck that guy. (Legend)

Don’t get me wrong, the Vikings haven’t done themselves any favors, but I can’t remember the last time an announcer has been actively hostile to the team like Buttlord the Color Guy has been tonight.

I have just been advised that this is Jon Gruden doing the color commentary tonight, which makes plenty of sense. Why is he employed, again?

I didn’t get to see the first half. He didn’t seem to hate the Vikes in the second. What happened?

And congrats on the win. Good to see Keenum playing well for you. Really sorry to see Bradford like that though. And I hope Diggs is ok. Needed him to get 30 yards receiving to win my game…didn’t happen but he did at least return to the game so maybe the injury isn’t serious.

For what it’s worth, I hear ya. The problem is essentially former coaches (to a large degree) and former players (to a lesser degree) are the color commentary folks. And they key on strange shit that perhaps annoys them on a personal level, or they get all up into some minor detail that we really don’t care about, like the days of yore when John Madden used to talk about the snot dripping out of the noses of the linemen during cold games.

I really wish there were less of them doing commentary, but it is what it is, that’s WHY they have that role. To comment with their expertise on the games. Along with that comes their prejudices and whatever else.

Imagine me, as a Redskins fan, listening to Troy Aikman tell me all about how the Cowboys should dominate our team every time he announces that game. It annoys me. I want to stab him with a fork.

Buck and Aikman hate the Eagles. When they cover a Philadelphia game, I’m just waiting for their bullshit to start. Buck hates the Phillies too. It was killing him when he had to call Phils games awhile back in the playoffs and Tim McCarver was his right hand man in the hate.

Use a spoon.

Adrian Petersen traded to the Cardinals.

Probably to be closer to the retirement community he’s been scoping out.

The whole thing in New Orleans with Petersen was so weird. Do you think he has anything left?

https://youtu.be/LzSLSOOHNHI

Nothing like recording yourself doing coke and then having it get online and ultimately costing you your job.

So he self-recorded? Why on earth would he do that?

To try and impress a girl.

Man, if for nothing else, he needed to be fired for stupidity.

He was.

and Luke Kuechly got another concussion in one of those stupid Thursday Night games.

Getting harder and harder to watch the NFL.

I think Kuechly gets that concussion regardless of the day of the week. It’s the way he plays, and the fact that he’s already suffered so many of them.

He needs to think about retiring, to be honest.