THE NFL 2017 Season

From a Cleveland Browns fan site:

Heh. I’ll give credit to the true Cleveland fans. Like rams fans they’ve endured many hardships.

I went to the Texans/Browns game last weekend and there were plenty of Browns fans there.

The poor Browns. They are truly the Cubs of football. Last time they won it wasn’t even called the Superbowl. For sure if and when they ever do win again, there will be a huge amount of Browns fans that come out of the woodwork exclaiming they were with them all along.

The Cubs used to lose with good teams. When was the last time the Browns had a good team?

Seriously guys. We’re not talking about a pitcher or something. NFL QB is the most difficult position in sports to play well. Kaeperknick as no clue about the Packers offense. It would be a disaster to shove him out there. The Packers season is basically screwed and they can’t do much about it.

the late 90s when Elway took their soul?

Not being a Browns fan, all I remember were the mid 80’s and I remember because that was back when you watched any game on TV because there wasn’t crap else on. So … Bernie Kosar days?

It’s sad as hell to think it has been that long. I honestly don’t know.

Yeah, I’m not a fan, but that sounds about right.

It additionally doesn’t help that Kaepernick’s QB style of run and gun does not quite match up with Aaron Rodgers.

I still think he might be a better shot than Hundley if that doesn’t work out in the next few weeks.

I think Kapernick is talented, but I don’t think GB should get him. For one, they have to think Hundley capable or they wouldn’t have him on the roster. It would take weeks to get Kap ready to play at anything beyond the most basic level, most likely.

The thing to do here, imo, is get Hundley ready. If he sucks up the joint in the next two games, maybe consider a move, but he’s the best shot they have by far to hold the fort. No one they could add to the roster is going to be remotely as good as Aaron, so what they need Brett to do is try not to make mistakes and have other players on the team step up.

Don’t they need a backup for Hundley?

Two games! Remember when new guys and rookies got two seasons to develop 😀

It was the 1980s. It’s seared in my memory. The Drive was the 1986 AFC Championship Game; The Fumble was the 1987 AFC Championship Game. Denver, of course, then proceeded to get blown out of the Super Bowls.

Oh… We got that covered! Joe Callahan, a former DIII player.

If Hundley goes down, and we don’t sign Kaep. I don’t think I can watch the Packers for a while.

We have a competitive Saints up next, with a particularly weak Pass D. Will be a big test for Hundley.

I’m truly sorry, I know all about tortured sports fandom myself.

They have one they already called up from their practice squad.

I’m really looking forward to the Chiefs game tonight. I know that they’ve got a ton of injuries, including most of the offensive line, but I hope they get their mojo back tonight against Oakland.

The end of Chiefs/Raiders is officially the most bananas game of the year. Holy crap, there were like 5 final plays! And the kicker sliced the extra point that won it; I swear that thing missed. #AFCWestAfterDark.

What a crappy ending. Fricking Chiefs. Small consolation for me was Cooper’s return to fantasy relevance with 210 yards & 2 TDs.

It was crazy indeed. But these AFC West battles have had some great nutty games. I can’t remember the exact details of the game…i want to say it was Raiders/Broncos years ago where there were like three blocked kicks or punts in the game.