THE NFL 2017 Season

Browns being Browns again.

I had to look again to make sure it wasn’t a parody site. It’s the WaPo.

Saw that earlier. Definitely the Brownsiest thing of 2017 so far.

Didn’t somebody else do the same thing a couple of years ago? I could be thinking of a draft card debacle.

The Vikings managed to fail to get their draft pick in, twice, because iirc the Ravens didn’t get their end of a trade in in time and also that era of Vikings management was super incompetent.

Ended up with Kevin Williams though so that bit ended up working out anyway.

I love this story (which I’m sure the team will deny).

And I love the Browns. Because my Eagles now have Carson Wentz. Thank you!

Jeremy Lane failed his physical, so he’s still a Seahawk. The Seahawks end up forking over a 3rd round pick in 2019 as a replacement.

Now the Hawks have to figure out their roster and cap, because it was sort of predicated on Lane being a Texan right now.

Think the cap is covered. They cleared more room than they needed to when they converted some of Wilson’s salary to bonus money. I suspect they thought this was a possibility.

It may be a blessing in disguise that the trade seems have fallen through. The Browns giving up a 2 and a 3 for McCarron seems a steep price for what is probably a journeyman QB.

Still, it’s comically inept on the part of the Browns to make a deal and then forget to dot the i’s and cross the t’s, if indeed they did screw up.

Jimmy G is good QB who will be a great QB in a few seasons.

Isn’t Hundley also practically a rookie? I know we’ve been spoiled with early play by Wentz and Watson but it doesn’t always work that way.

It usually doesn’t work that way. The good ones are the exception.

Agreed, I was responding to a criticism of the Packers.

So, in other news does anyone really know what the 49ers got in Garrapolo? Reminds me a little of the Texans escapade with Osweiler. Guess we’ll just have to see if it works out better.

Garrapolo looked good in the six quarters he’s played over the years. Who knows how he will look playing every week?

He’s looked good in the six quarters he’s played, in a system that routinely makes average players look like superstars. I’ll believe Mr. Garoppolo is good when I see him play well for a bottom-tier team like the 49ers. Until then, I doubt he’s good enough to lift a mediocre supporting cast out of mediocrity.

It’s his third year. There are other options. Rookie level isn’t going to cut it.

What do you think the best option is for the Pack? Hoyer went back to the Patriots, right? There’s Kaep, but i don’t know if he fits their system.

Considering the “system” has been completely overhauled as a “run first” offense, with Rodgers gone, I would much rather have Kaepernick than Hundley. They changed the whole system anyway, because Hundley can’t play the way Rodgers did, I would rather have the known quantity of acceptable, with playoff experience that Kaepernick beings.

So what was the problem with Kaepernick before all the protest stuff? His play had dropped off, as I remember. He’s got a lot of talent. He’s as fast as a running back and has a great arm.

Basically his team was a total garbage dumpster fire. He, as QB, took a lot of blame for the overall team sucking (felt like half of their defense retired) which is what happens to QBs on bad teams. I didn’t watch them to know how much really was his play regressing and how much of it was just due to playing on a team without talent. Obviously replacing him did not make them any better.

I think it’s insane to think that he isn’t worth a shot from both a player upside and floor perspective given the players who have been given repeated shots in the league.

Honestly, I don’t know. The 49ers were once incredibly effective with him as QB. The big problem with his play is that it is different than the traditional drop back pocket passersby, so he wouldn’t easily slot in to many systems, like the packers.

But, rumor is that the Offense and schemes are going to be drastically updated for Hundley, one questions why that couldn’t be done with a QB that previously led a team to the Super Bowl.