THE NFL 2017 Season

I think it missed the part where Belichick does the little Sith hand wave during the review.

I’m dumber than you. I had Kareem Hunt and sat him for Alex Collins because Hunt had been inconsistent the last several weeks and Collins had looked so strong, and because Browns. Like you said: fuck!

It happens. But still sucks either way. I had benched a few that would have gotten a little more, but of note, the guy who beat me had an AMAZING day at 110 points. No way I was going to win, yesterday.

I’ve had my share of wins though, just never fantasy football. Back at another place I worked, I had back to back wins on the 65+ member NCAA basketball tournament bracket. Talk about pissing off some folks when you win twice in a row … yeowch.

I just had no chance in my fantasy league playoffs yesterday. My opponent had Gurly, who had 4 TDs, and he had Cam Newton, who had 4 TDs. Combine that with my lineup, where no one really had a stellar day. So there was nothing I could have done. Even if I’d played Aaron Rodgers instead of Tom Brady, for instance, I would have only gained about 6 more points. So I would have still lost by more than 50 points.

Dude, did we play the same person? This is my opponent:

Yeah, that combination was a bull-dozer yesterday in Fantasy leagues. My opponent also had Travis Kelce too! Though he didn’t help much. He also had the Minnesota Defense, which scored a touchdown, and got two interceptions.

This is my 10th year playing Fantasy Football, and I always lose in the playoffs. I think the trick is to somehow get players who will do well in Week 15, not Week 1-13. I nearly always end up top in the regular league, but lose in the playoffs because of Week 15 performance.

I wish I could say that. I’ve taken home the toilet bowl trophy (league loser,) twice in the last 10 years. This was the first year I overslept on draft day and missed the first two rounds via autodraft. And yet I was leading until this week.

I’ll have my beer of defeat later this evening. I’m just glad I don’t have the toilet bowl again.

Back to the removal of the Steelers win, though, here’s WaPo’s writeup on it:

ESPN reports over the weekend that Marvin Lewis plans to leave the Bengals after this season. Lewis is on the final season of a contract that has not been renewed as of this past weekend, and the Bengals are 5-9 and looking at a second losing season in a row despite a roster full of talent.

But wait, a report yesterday now claims Lewis is undecided on the matter. Sounds like someone let something slip too early. Hell, given their performance vs. the Bears last week and the Vikings this week, it appears Lewis has already checked out.

In any event, it’s not really going to be Marvin’s decision. It’s time…he needs to go. Fans and experts agree, his tenure here has not produced the results it should have given the talent levels and drafts he’s had to work with, and given the revolving door of very good coaches he’s had on staff for several years he should have seen much more success. Time for a younger, more determined coach, time to clean house, utilize the young roster we have and draft well, then rebuild around a core of talented players.

Should be a prime opportunity for someone looking to bounce back into an NFL head coaching job…Josh McDaniels perhaps? Maybe someone new to head coaching like Teryl Austin from Detroit? Hell, maybe they have Jon Gruden on the phone over at ESPN…he could have even been the source of the leak! ;-)

Quality shitpost right here

First off my knowledge of the NFL amounts to at most jack shit, but I am amazed at the Vikings record this year. They are my home team so I at least pay attention. I have helped the head coach find something the hardware store I used to work at.
I feel bad for Teddy Bridgewater and Bradford for that matter.

Speaking of Vikings, I can kind of semi-add to the thread. Pardon the cheerleader interruption. This is my boss’s daughter, a great gal who now lives in the Twin Cities area somewhere. For the last 2 or 3 years (can’t remember) she’s been a cheerleader for them but chose to stop this year. What’s crazy is how much I learned about how little pay they get, how arduous the whole things is, and how crazy their schedule is to do things for the team. It’s no wonder that most of the faces of NFL team cheerleaders change so frequently.

It is insane how little they are paid. They don’t just work on game day these women are out representing at all kinds of events and making their respective teams look charitable.

We had a woman who worked in our office at a job years ago who was a Rams cheerleader. I can attest that they work all the time and get bumpkus.

However, they seem to be able to move into celebrity circles with whatever opportunity that presents. This woman ended up dating Blues player Brendan Shanahan.

To that point, Mark, Jordan apparently got hit on by skeevy players a lot, and they had to have someone come with them to events outside of the football stadium due to people being creepy and/or touchy around them. She also mentioned they must maintain their weight within something like 5lbs for the entire season, and attend a high percentage of all events and every major function.

It’s insane, for sure. I don’t really see why anyone would do that. Hell, the mascots for the team are paid employees with benefits and actually make a decent salary. Cheerleaders? Not so much.

Honestly the only reason is for the connections and the opportunity for self promotion. Its not for the pay.

There must be prestige in the position and, as I implied, the possibility of dating upward. I remember her telling me they were not allowed to date the Rams players, though. I guess if you’re a pretty cheerleader and you work charity events, you are mixing with sports figures and high society at many of these events.

You could say the same of anyone trying to move up in the world. They are working. They deserve to get paid.

Supply and demand.

Next!

Yep, just kidding.