THE NFL 2017 Season

Yeah. The ending is fantastic.

This is glorious.

Did you mean the Viking shut out of the Pack or the Bortles tweets?

The Viking game was a good performance indeed. Keenum keeps getting it done.

If you meant the tweets, yes those were always funny but Bortles has made them look silly recently.

The Packers are showing what I have long thought, that McCarthy and staff are fairly terrible, and that the team has generally been wasting Aaron Rodgers for the better part of a decade.

I listen to some league insiders who say the same thing - McCarthy’s scheming is incredibly basic, and the play calling is fairly terrible. Essentially, Rodgers, who is a once in a generation talent, has been single-handedly propping up terrible coaching and player management with his incredible talent.

They frankly should have more to show with a quarterback of his caliber than a single Super Bowl win over his entire career. And they’re running out of time, and it’s not going to get better so long as the team philosophy consists of, “Have our shit scheming breakdown, let Rodgers bail us out just enough to get us into the playoffs.”

I’m not one of those fans who is upset that my team hasn’t won seven Super Bowls in 10 years. I am firmly convinced they should have done much better than they did with such a rare talent.

Imagine what Belichek would have done with Rodgers. The mind boggles.

I’d imagine he’d have still spied on other teams.

I know, packer fans are the worst

Everyone complains about the Patriots cheating, etc., but nobody complains that the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals are given two automatic wins every year.

Patriots v. Bills since 2000: 30-5
Steelers v. Browns since 2000: 31-5

The Patriots don’t have much room to be complaining about soft divisional opponents. They also regularly dominate at least one of the Dolphins and Jets in any given year. The AFC North at least has two or three competitive teams.

I have a feeling that the Patriots dominate the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets because the Patriots are dominant. Not because any of the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets are the worst franchise in the last 30 years (and maybe the Browns aren’t for the last 30, in which case throw in the Bengals to reach 30).

I mean, they haven’t been good, but comparing the Bills, Dolphins, or Jets to the Browns is a non-starter.

No, no. It is 100% okay to hate on the fucking Patriots.

#otherNFLteamsmatter

Well, I won my fantasy football league. I would celebrate harder, but it’s a dude I know from AA/church and half the people he rounded up to hit the minimum number of players for a league are just some various out-of-town nieces he could beg/shame into playing. A lot of them don’t even change their teams, heh. I’m up against Annie’s Rainbow Squad this week! You’re going down sweets! :)

Does anyone here run a fantasy league? I’m thinking I should set one up for me and my kids and that might make it more interesting for me, but I don’t want to invest a lot of time into figuring shit out. And I want the league to be as automated (read: no draft, auto pics, etc) as possible.

For the love of god we definitely need a QT3 league. This is mine, a loose organization of people I drink with (and have to buy a beer for after I lose.)

This is what losing in the playoffs feels like:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdLjIUrgQd7/?taken-by=jhharrison92

If it makes you feel any better, I did manage to pull out my first round playoff game only to lose the championship by two points.

At least one of us had some success. I had a bye the first week, then promptly lost. That’s the way it goes!

Same. My opponent the week after the bye had Todd Gurley. Good night.

I am in next year Commisioner!

You have room for a guy who watched (checks notes) 3 minutes of football this year?