THE NFL 2017 Season

I would think we have enough for whatever we want.

Yeah, a qt3 league would be tops!

So it will be done. I’m guessing there isn’t a need for anything until next year, but once we hit training camp time I’ll fire up a league for anyone interested.

Count me in!

The Browns coach?

This deserves a prize. (Unlike the Browns.)

No kidding. Gurley made/broke a bunch of championships, I’m sure.

I think I saw that something like one-third of all ESPN league champions had Gurley.

The Steelers are playing their backups against the Browns, so I’m saying there’s a chance.

I’d give the points

I would definitely take the under in any case. Wouldn’t surprise me if less than 14 points total are scored in this one.

So of course it’s the 3rd quarter and they’ve already scored 49 points. This kind of spot on prediction is why I don’t play fantasy football.

I checked the scores, went straight to the thread, and saw this.

Untitled

Yes, indeed! Hehe.

Cleveland picks 1 and 4 in the draft. Do you think they should take two QBs to hedge their bets?

So…I’m not convinced DeShone Kaiser is really that bad. Maybe it’s the beer talking, but it seems like most of his mistakes have been inexperience and terrible support, not lack of talent. Give him a solid offensive line and some kind of running game, and maybe they’ve already got their quarterback. If the Browns spend those two top five picks on a great O-lineman and receiver/tight end, maybe that turns the corner? (Disclaimer: I’ve not looked at who’s available in the draft, no idea who the best players are.)

Maybe they should save money by just snapping to a back and alternating power sweep and off-tackle. Maybe a draw once in a while, if they can work it in. Also saves money on receivers.

We’re number two! We’re number two!

Old dudes represent!

On offense, the Browns need (at a minimum) left and right tackles (assuming Joe Thomas retires), another wide receiver aside from Josh Gordon who’s reliable, a running back who won’t get bottled up 5 yards behind the line and an offensive coordinator who knows what he’s doing and how to manage a clock. A QB’s record and stats are in part based on the hand he was dealt so it feels unfair to judge Kizer when the hand is THAT bad.

Still, Kizer can be judged at least to an extent; his decision making on passes leaves a massive amount to be desired, his accuracy is incredibly inconsistent and he frankly seems to have a hard time hanging onto the ball when he gets hit. None of that is totally unfixable (his pocket awareness DID improve), but likewise none of it is guaranteed to get any better. He does have a strong arm, good speed, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Personally, I think Kizer is a great project QB to sit on the bench for a couple years. Of course, that’s not what’s happened.

As we have discussed before, the browns have had difficulty evaluating talent. I would contend it doesn’t matter what they think they have in Kizer. If they believe there is a franchise qb at the top of the draft you take him. It shouldn’t even be a debate. If your evaluation is right, then even if Kizer becomes a star, you have a commodity you can trade in a year or two. Franchise QBs are that difficult to come by. But if their evaluation sucks, they are screwed regardless.