THE NFL 2017 Season

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I just hope and pray they have the right group of people to look at the available talent.

The 49ers started 0-9 and now with Garoppolo they look to win his 5th start with them in a row. Shows you the difference a good QB makes.

The Browns should be able to load up. Not only do they the 1 and 4. They have 33 and probably 35 in the draft.

Yeah, I would be surprised to see the 49ers franchise Garoppolo.

I’ll disagree on one point: I don’t believe his inaccuracy can be fixed. He was inaccurate in college and has remained inaccurate throughout this season. I don’t believe accurate throwing can be learned in the pros.

I will go out on a limb an predict the Browns will double their win total next season. Wait… what?

Yeah, accuracy is the least likely to gain ground in my mind. I personally think he’ll wind up being a solid backup QB, but I wouldn’t put his chances of becoming a great (or even good) starting QB terribly high. They’re non-zero, however, which is better than the rest of the Browns’ current crop (no offense to Hogan & Kessler, but… yeah).

And by the end of next season, I predict they’ll have won at least one game in the last three seasons.

All you need is the best all-around supporting cast in the conference, and you can be as inaccurate as you like while still leading your team to the #2 seed.

Case is the 3rd most accurate starting QB in the NFL, tho.

By completion percentage? Sure.

This made me laugh. He’s got all the talent but given his off the field issues have limited him to a few games a season…

That seems to be the pattern. You get a guy who completes 55% in college, he doesn’t come to the pros and start completing 65% of his passes.

I doubt Kizer is the guy for Cleveland, though he may be the guy to start the season next year. Really, a nice upgrade for a lot of teams would be to grab Alex Smith, who likely won’t be re-signed by KC. He would be a great guy for a team like Cleveland. They could still draft a QB but give that QB the luxury of a season or two to learn the pro game before taking over. Not sure any QB wants to go to Cleveland, though. I’m sure Smith would want to go to a team ready to contend.

It will also be interesting to see what the Vikings do with their QBs. They have Bradford, Keenum, and Bridgewater. They can’t keep all three. They may not be able to keep two.

Looks like John Gruden is leaving the booth to go back’ to the Raiders. He kinda grew on me over the years on MNF and I liked his rookie QB stuff he did during the draft.

They won’t.

All those years of speculation, finally over.

So who they keep? I guess a lot of it depends on how Keenum looks in the playoffs.

I don’t see them keeping Bradford. I find it difficult to believe that any team will pay Bradford top dollar now. That knee is going to swell up from time to time and keep him out. I don’t think Bridgewater will command starting QB money either since he’s so untested. And Keenum is a guy who has backup talent who produces like a better QB. Kind of an odd QB situation the Vikings have.

Bradford is done in Minnesota, no question.

Keenum is who he is. I have faith that the powers that be have a more nuanced understanding of player performance than QBR, lol. He’ll get paid elsewhere.

Teddy is, well. Teddy is.

And the Wentz-less Eagles scored zero points today (albeit with most starters sitting).

So what’s your prediction for who they keep?

My prediction is they keep none of them and they sign Cousins.

Half joking but I am very pessimistic that he’ll re-sign with the Skins. He said something the other day about wanting to play for a winner and to me that sounds suspiciously like he’s planning to move on.

I hope they keep Teddy, since if they do it means he’s doing good things where we can’t see them. I’m still a big believer in the guy.

Bradford is gone.

Keenum is gone if they’re smart, which I think they are. Dude is exactly what he is: a 29 year old journeyman, borderline starter / good-to-great backup having the year of his life with a great-to-elite team around him and excellent coaching. He didn’t somehow become not Case Keenum in the last 3 months. He’ll get paid somewhere, probably like 55 over 3 with 20-some guaranteed. That’s way too much to pay for the 20th-best (and that’s generous) qb in the league.

I don’t particularly want Cousins at the price he’ll surely command, either. But I’d much rather him than Case.

I should say that Case has absolutely balled out and I’m very thankful for it, and I wish him the best wherever he goes and however he decides to spend the millions of dollars that are surely coming his way. I just think his ability is massively overrated by most stats, and particularly hilariously by QBR.

His QBR is Adam Theilen’s fault. Also I’d prefer they kept Teddy.