THE NFL 2017 Season

No, it’s the slightly befuddle, giant eyes that makes him a baby squirrel.

You ever look at a baby squirrel? They’re all tremulous with the biggest, darkest little baby squirrel eyes, all confused and yet excited at the same time. Like a puppy.

That’s Gronk.

If you were to somehow bottle all the collective douchebaggery of America’s frat system into a perfume, that perfume would be called Gronk.

hahah, and you could promote it with a zoom out picture of a hairy underarm that looks like a crotch at first, but then the horrible realization forms in your mind: oh, wait. that’s some dude’s armpit.

Well it’s better than Favre’s perfume, which would be called Bad Intentions.

That’s brilliant.

OMFG! That Malcovitch teaser was awesome!

Going helmet to helmet pays off again!

I’d love to see a game involving the Patriots where uneven refereeing is not a major storyline, but I don’t think I’m going to get that luxury this season, at least.

Just unreal how teams just collapse against the Patriots every time.

All hail the GOAT.

A couple of holding penalties that should have been called on the Patriot offense aside, I don’t think that was the case here. They let them play for the most part, which should have favored Jacksonville, but the flags that were thrown were rather blatant.

This game came down to the utter collapse of Jacksonville’s offense down the stretch. Shame, because they played so well in the first half (well, until they blew the first down on the delay of game penalty, which is probably the most significant penalty in the whole game).

I have to agree on that delay of game. Just destroyed them.

I agree the utter collapse of the Jags offense is what did them in. Romo kept screaming about what a fantastic game Bortles played, but he and the offense disappeared for most of the second half, and the defense couldn’t hold against the Patriots. One sustained drive taking 5-8 minutes off the clock probably would have made the difference for the Jags in the second half and they just never got it. Reminds me of my hometown Seahawks…

Except for the fact that Jacksonville’s offense looked good in the first half, sure.

Fair point. I can’t make any excuses for those slow starts. But it seemed to me that the Seahawks were routinely in games where the defense put the offense back on the field with an opportunity to keep the game close and the offense couldn’t do anything. I had flashbacks to my emotions watching those games during the second half of Jags/Pats.

Totally. I said to my wife during this game that it reminded me of losing in the playoffs when Russ was a rookie. Jacksonville should be able to build on this and be better prepared to take it home next time.

The Tom Thumb human curiosity show rolls on

What’s surprising to me is that Bortles played as well as he did in the Steeler game and first half of today’s game. The Blake Bortles we saw in the second half today is the one who played against the Bills, and the one I expected to see lose in Pittsburgh. Good on him for playing above expectations as long as he did, and for his sake I hope he’s able to recapture that for future seasons.

As for the Patriots…of course they came back, was anyone expecting otherwise? Wish it wasn’t so, but it seems to happen more often than not. Go NFC!

But do they really believe in Bortles? To me they clearly didn’t believe he can be the guy to make plays in the big games at the end. You can’t manage to a win against the best like the Pats.

I’m watching Bill’s presser and I’m reminded why he hates dealing with the media

“Bill, how important was it to score points before the end of the half?”

I half expected him to say, “Well, you know, we felt that we could spot them a few points. It’s only the AFC championship. NBD.”