The NFL 2018 Season

Edit: Bismarck is correct. I will replace this post with some on-topic but inflammatory commentary.

Drew Brees is the true best-ever QB by any reasonable measure. Brady only has more rings because he’s paired with a great coach, and wouldn’t look nearly as good if he had the supporting cast Brees has had for most of his career.

I think you might be in the wrong thread, Fishy.

This morning I saw some (admittedly silly apples and oranges) comparisons of just how ridiculous Brady’s record of reaching the AFC Championship Game is. A couple of examples:

Not counting the 2008 season, in which he was lost to injury from Game 1, Brady has reached the AFC Championship Game in 11 of 15 seasons or 73.3 percent.

Drew Brees is the NFL all-time passing completion percentage leader at 66.6. So Brady has had a better chance of reaching the AFC Championship Game than a NFL QB has of completing a pass.

In the last FIFA World Cup tournament, players scored on 170 of 240 shootout penalty kicks, or about 71 percent. So Brady has better chance of reaching the AFC Championship Games than a World Cup player has in scoring on a shootout kick.

As I say, admittedly silly comparisons, but it does highlight just how incredible Brady’s record of success is, especially since I can think of only one hall-of-famer, Randy Moss, that he’s played with on offense over all those years.

Yeah but,he’s no Dak Prescott

As I said, New England fans are the worst :)

Don’t forget this one -

Tom Brady has now won more postseason games (28) than any other quarterback has ever played (P. Manning, 27).

Josh McDaniels is getting all kinds of praise for a brilliant game plan vs. the Chargers, but, geez, it didn’t exactly seem like rocket science to me. It was as if, McDaniels said, “If you’re not going to play any linebackers and make our running backs look like Walter Payton, we’ll be happy to accommodate you. And if you’re going to play those seven DBs in a soft zone all game, we’ll be happy to take the six or seven yards on every play.”

And that’s one thing that’s honked me off about defenses vs. the Patriots for years. Why do they give guys like Welker and Edelman so much room? It’s not like they’re going to burn you deep.

The Eagles solved them last year. You have to score a lot and you have to make Tom make a couple mistakes. You simply cannot leave any points on the table against the Patriots.

Where I have seen Brady struggle is where most QBs struggle – when the defense gets good pressure with the front four and drops seven into coverage. Brady isn’t mobile so if you hurry him, he can have difficulty.

He’s good at beating blitzes and when he has time in the pocket he’s good at finding someone, but hurry him in the pocket with seven in coverage he looks mortal.

Eh, Brady put up 505 yards in that losing game. It wasn’t on him. It was on the Pats D.

That’s exactly what he’s saying.
You need to put up a ton of points against the Patriots.

Ultimately, you gotta score more points than the other team.

How do you do that? By sportsing better than them.

Right, which is how he lost in the Super Bowl last year. The Eagles with Foles in particular just outscored him and didn’t make mistakes. Tom made a couple of errors and the front four were on him when he did.

The same thing almost worked against Brees this past weekend, but the Eagles secondary was completely toasted and the offense losing Brandon Broooks early and Peters later was massive. They could not run the ball at all.

C’mon, Dave, you can do better than this Madden-level “you have to outscore Tom Brady to beat Tom Brady” nonsense.

Yes, both teams do play defense every game. The one that does so more effectively has an advantage!

That is amazing

He looks like a Madden player with uncanny valley animations that aren’t quite right.

Does Gase always look like that? He looks jacked up.

I don’t want to make fun of somebody who may have physical issues–I know nothing about Gase at all–but if I ran into somebody on the street looking like that I’d either assume they were stones, or that they were on the autistic spectrum somewhere.

Well, he did have to work with Jay Cutler for a number of years. I figure that just takes the type of toll on you that you can’t even imagine.