The NFL 2018 Season

The Saints gifted the Rams nearly a minute and a timeout with that inexplicable play-calling at the end of regulation. Just mind-boggling.

Worst officiating in any league, professional or collegiate. Or even grade school level. I hate the Patriots, but after that screw job, I’d rather see them win than the Rams.

This might seem random but it’s the helmet-to-helmet hits in the playoffs that always get me. Every time I watch, a helmet hit takes out an important receiver.

If I were a defensive coordinator I’d tell my 3rd string guy to go head hunting.

I KNOW! I said, he could have made that from 20 yard further back. Jesus. In a year of spotty kicking, Zuerlein was ready for today.

I don’t usually worry about Pass Interference calls, they’re subjective, and the call is the call. But that particular pass interference call seemed like one of the only no-brainer pass interference calls I’ve ever seen, and yet it didn’t go the way I thought. I guess it goes to show that I should go back to not worrying about pass Interference calls. The call is the call, just move on.

Bears fans remember. Not the reason, Parkey gets the bulk of that, but there were a couple weird ones that impacted the game.

I like the Rams in a very close, controversial game here.

Zuerlein’s leg is just massive. Rams gave him a tryout back in the St. Louis days when one of their scouts happened to see him working out at Missouri Western and Z was smacking them through from 70-75.

I was rooting for the Rams, but that no call on the pass interference cost the Saints the game.

Oh heavens, did the Saints* get jobbed in an NFCCG due to some bullshit?

My heart, it breaks.

I missed the Rams/Saints game that went into OT, but watching the highlights, I was surprised that the OT ended with a field goal. I thought the other team gets a chance if it’s not a TD? Maybe that is college? I’ve been watching NFL for a long time, but I still don’t know.

The Saints had the ball first in OT, so the Rams were the other team getting their chance so to speak.

It’s good that they decided to just stop worrying about defensive linemen landing on quarterbacks partway through the season (as Suh does his Suh thing and lands with his entire weight on Brees).

Would have been nice if they had done it before repeatedly screwing the Packers with it, but oh well.

The NFL needs to fix their officiating shit.

Man, the pass interference calls are usually sort of iffy – guys get their hands on each other or their feet tangled up or my least favorite, the defender puts his hands up without turning toward the ball. That missed call was blatant. They are not usually that black and white.

As to the Saints throwing on third down, I thought it was the right play. The Rams still had a TO, didn’t they? They would have gotten the ball back with a minute plus and no TOs, but that’s more than enough to get in FG range, especially with Zeurlein’s leg. They take over at the 25 and they only need 35 yards for a decent shot at the FG.

Still the only league without full time paid officials if I’m not mistaken.

Yeah, that’s got to change.

Of all the calls to challenge why didn’t kc challenge that roughing the passer?

Can’t challenge a penalty call.

Doubt you can challenge that or they definitely would have. Every challenge has gone NE’s way though anyways.