The NFL 2018 Season

So this is the official Fuck the Patriots thread until 2019, right?

I want to thank the Chiefs for graciously hosting the annual Tom Brady Invitational. They certainly made a game of it.

On to the next.

I was hoping for either the old guys match-up or the new guys match-up. Thanks to the refs, we get Brady against another hot new NFC team.

I can barely contain the excitement.

Andy Reid is never getting over the hump.

ah, I didn’t have the context from watching the highlights, but I actually knew that aspect of OT. Thanks for clarifying Jason.

Seconded and carried.

My wife and I chanced to meet our new neighbors for the first time today, and it transpired that he had money on the Patriots and the Rams, so I think he’s probably the only person entirely happy with today’s results.

ITT: Please, Boston fans, remind us how we feel about you.

I knew I shouldn’t have watched that damn game.

I really didn’t intend to and didn’t watch the first half, but the second half was on where I went to eat.

Unsurprisingly, the refs took away KC’s Home Field advantage. I guess attempted roughing the passer is a penalty now…

I was talking to a co-worker about how the Patriots are really a once-in-a-lifetime franchise. In a league that at least tries for parity, the Pats are decimating it. Not only is Brady playing in17% of all Super Bowls, he has played in 50% of them he has been a starter in the league.

The pats really are a perfect storm of an amazing coach, qb, and ownsership willing to pay what it takes to promote a culture of winning, and to not meddle (too much, see, Garropollo) with what is working.

Saints got robbed. Like blatant knock you down in the middle of Bourbon Street, spill your drink everywhere, kick you in the stomach and steal your wallet and phone, while you were celebrating your birthday, robbed.

On the bright side, when Tom Brady finally puts on his 6th Super Bowl ring he will be able to just snap his fingers and make half the NFL Officials disappear.

Finally took a look at the buzz about Romo calling the Pats before they ran the plays, he’s still got his read going on for sure. Put together like this you can see it much more clearly.

I think it is arguable that both of yesterday’s game were decided by extremely bad ref calls. That is just unacceptable

Can Romo handle the defensive duties for KC? Please?

Yesterday’s game was ultimately decided by a very bad defensive offsides.

You change nothing else but that play, and instead of an offsides that extends a drive that went to a TD, you have a game ending interception. Worst penalty of the year*, purely because of the stakes.

*not in the ‘this was a bad call’ sense, but in the ‘you done screwed up and cost your team’ sense.

That’s an Andy Reid team though. They always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It’s because of his “Players’ Coach” way of doing things IMO. The discipline on every play is never there.

We watched it for years in Philadelphia and the National Media said we were nuts again and again. Now you’ve seen it first hand in KC for more years. Does anyone really need more proof that Andy can’t win the big game?

I think it is very rare that a single play (or penalty) is the reason a team lost. Sure, the offsides is glaring, but there were a lot of factors. Them getting shut out the first half and a leaky offensive line were larger contributors.

Sure, but if you change only one thing in that game. One single player on a single play, you could change the outcome. He didn’t even get pressure on Brady there. You line him up a foot back, and the game ends with KC winning.

It is as clear cut a case of one play changing the outcome as I’ve seen. Yes there is blame Togo around, but purely because of the stakes, situation, and time in the game that is the biggest one.

Andy Reid sat on his timeouts when his defense was clearly reeling and, near the end, utterly gassed.

A time-out on any one of those 3rd-and-10s, especially after that first one when they left the middle of the field wide open, might have been enough for them to regroup.

Yeah, that was egregious. I mean, Tony Romo is good, but I’ve got to think that any NFL defensive staff can also read formations and tendencies. When the Pats line up on 3rd-and-10, that’s when you call the TO and get everyone on the same page.