The NFL 2018 Season

Also. You’re on the 14. Failing and turning over on possessions gives Rodgers a worse average field position than succeeding in kicking that FG.

You’re not wrong but it probably would have just been a 86-yd TD then. Why not Adams though? Would have salvaged my fantasy day!

Rodgers was so fucking drugged up, it was hilarious to watch the post-game interview.

“Aaron Rodgers is the worst thing to happen to Chicago since the Great Fire of 1871”

Very nice, @Navaronegun.

I didn’t read last night’s posts in this thread until this morning. It was like a mini-history of Packers/Bears in the past decade or so.

I’m so sad I turned that game off at halftime now :(

My friends here in Wisconsin won’t be able to say that I didn’t warn them about what they were getting in Kizer.

That game was a roller coaster of emotion.

I should have listened to Rodgers

R E L A X …

How bad was Nathan Peterman?

Sorry Browns fans, Budweiser decides Cleveland Browns Victory Fridges full of free beer will remain locked until an actual win.

Given that performance against the Steelers though, and the fact that the next three Browns opponents are a reeling New Orleans, the Jets and the Raiders…could be Budweiser never gets to the 30-day point where they promised to change out the beer to keep it fresh…

So that Bell holdout in Pittsburgh is going GREAT for him. 192 total yards and 2 TDs for his replacement. Maybe he should think about reporting before he’s completely forgotten? Conner’s stats will drop off quite a bit next week against KC, especially if the weather’s more conducive to passing, but that’s quite a start for his 2018 campaign.

That’s bullshit. A half-win deserves Budweiser, a half-beer.

Will the Steelers get a QB more conductive to passing?

I have had Conner in my Dynasty league and this is sweet sweet vindication for holding him in my roster all of these years. Small sample size and all, it is a good way to play in your first start. He has been impressive in training camps etc, so this wasn’t crazy, and the team is geared to block for Bell, so Conner already has some advantages there.

I am sure there will be some blisteringly stupid Bell takes after 1 game, but if I were the Steelers, I would be pretty happy with the outcome week 1, at least as negotiating leverage.

Having drafted both Bell & McKinnon in my main league, then losing this weekend by 6 points because I had to start Burkhead and Wilkins at RB, I loathe Bell with every fiber of my being (unless he immediately reports to the team this week, in which case I’ll forgive him.)

The Steelers can’t offer him a new contract at this point due to league rules so there’s really no leverage left to have. I don’t think Conner playing well is going to significantly hurt Bell’s FA market this coming off season. Regardless of whether Conner is also a good back or not, it’s clear that Bell is also a fantastic back.

He’ll get paid if he’s healthy, and holding out for as long as possible will help him stay healthy so he’s going to do it.

FAKE NEWS! This is a terrible take and will be proven completely untrue when Bell reports tomorrow, then posts 20+ points per game the rest of the season. I went conservative with the 20+ prediction as I assume his first few games back might be in the pedestrian 20-25 pt range, while games 5 to 16 will likely be 30+ pt efforts for the most part. Also, Mahomes will continue to throw 3 to 5 TDs per game as he leads me to fantasy glory.
And Baldwin will bounce back from his 0 point effort to catch at least 1 TD per game the rest of the season.

How did you not pickup Conner as a handcuff?

That’s a fair point but we drafted back on 8/26 when he was 100% expected to show up after training camp. I was stuck with the #2 pick or I’d be a happy Gurley owner right now.