The NFL 2018 Season

And it’s only Week 5!

Did you understand the basis for that time out? Was the clock running while the Rams were sending out the punt team? As soon as LA called for a second measurement as to whether they had made the first down, I was screaming at the refs (from the comfort of my house, far away from the stadium) to start the play clock to make the Rams hurry up and punt the ball. And then Carroll called a time out?

Is it in some ways worse that they gave Seahawks fans hope, even though I too was readily expecting the clown-stomp? It might be.

Really it’s our M.O. at this point. There are times when we cheer that on, “Riverboat Ron!” And times when it’s just plain horrible, like this.

Also our M.O. … the cardiac Cats win it despite ourselves.

I thought the Seahawks played a pretty good game. Their defense seems to be strong despite the changes in personnel this year. I didn’t like the hit that took Cooks out, the defender had plenty of time to make a cleaner hit. But the defense as a whole played well and you can never count out a team with Russell Wilson.

The Rams made a bunch of mistakes and were not very disciplined on defense, especially Marcus Peters.

The time-out is going to be endlessly debated this week on Seattle radio. The Rams were out of time outs, so by appearances it seemed that the Seahawks gave the Rams time to talk it over and they changed their minds about punting.

NO ONE has stopped the Rams offense all season, so I don’t know how you can be upset at Seattle’s defense. They did just about as good as everyone else.

The offense found a pretty good running game against that ferocious defensive line. And Russ made some great throws. So I don’t know how you can’t help but feel optimistic about this team. Going into the season was always going to feel like Carroll’s 2010 year. Just need one or two more drafts to get the rest of the pieces. Meanwhile, the Rams will hit salary cap hell once Goff is due, not to mention all his receivers.

There is one outcome left — a forfeit.

They forfeited the whole season last year.

There are weather delays of all types. Rain, snow, earthquake. Terrorist attack delays. The Black Sunday option. Chemical attack. The Fan. I mean, anything could happen.

The season isn’t complete until they tie a game in regulation.

Technically they did that three times already,

They were certainly much better than I’d expected. They way they have been playing, I was fully expecting a bloodbath.

Why do the Giants suck so much now? It’s still Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr that won that Super Bowl together. The one that made sure that the Patriots didn’t have a perfect season. The reason people continue talking about the 72 Dolphins. But I guess the rest of the team is different, and it’s a sucky team now. It’s a shame. That’s still my favorite Super Bowl that I’ve seen.

I am fairly certain this only occurred in an Alternate Universe, @Rock8man

Don’t you remember 14-year-old OBJ making the helmet catch? How could you not? It was the first a middle-schooler scored in the Super Bowl.

I don’t think that was him that made that helmet catch. But wait, he was only 14 during that game? Well Sheeeeeeeeiit. Time passes way too quickly. That game only seems like a few years ago.

Well, the fact that the Giants won those Super Bowls in spite of Manning, not because of him, is a good clue…

Super Bowl MVP in both games. I really don’t think they won either game in spite of him.

That is pure silliness. Manning was very good in both of their Super Bowl runs and in both Super Bowls led them on last minute drives to win the game.

QB ratings

The man ranks below Brunell.

He’s arguably the 2nd or 3rd most overrated QB currently in the NFL. He went up one notch because Cutler is finally out of the league.

Salary efficiency index

Note that this is from August, before Trubisky went on his current exploits.