The NFL 2018 Season

Well that is a function of location.

Certainly that is a big part of it. I could compare him to Vinny Testaverde in that regard lol.

Or Darnold. Or Sanchez. Or Fitz. Or Richard Todd. Or Ken O’Brien. Or…

Well, I wouldn’t put Darnold there. He still has time. But Sanchez, that would be funny. How about Phil Simms?

To the NYC press he is already the second coming. They are all the second coming…

I was thinking about just that. That town has only had 4 great QBs post-1960.

Y.A. Tittle, Namath, Tarkenton and Simms.

Thinking back to that 2012 post season and there was so much goodness going on.

Does anyone remember Brady sliding cleats up into Ed Reed?

He got fined $10,000 for that. The same weekend Frank Gore was wearing the wrong socks in the San Francisco game and got fined… $10,500.

I wish I was joking.

Also, as a Dolphins fan living in New England, this is my favourite season 2012/13 moment:

This billboard before the Ravens traveled to New England for the AFC Championship game…

Became this billboard…

And then became this billboard…

Delcious.

Oh that billboard shade is fantastic, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!

How long have you lived in Indian Country?

That reminds me: I know this is off topic, but…

I now live in New York. That’s NEW YORK. As in, named after York. Which is in England.
Just south of this state is New Jersey. That’s NEW JERSEY. Named after Jersey. which is in England.

So why the hell are New York and New Jersey NOT considered part of New England? Makes no sense.

I moved to New England from Classic England about 10 years ago.

Let’s start with the simple stuff like having the “New York” teams actually be in New York before we move on to harder questions.

Oh, you are a British Dolphins fan. The Fins are really big there, I have no idea why. I’d advise all young people to not be Dolphins fans.

I started watching in the early 80s when David Woodley was our QB and the sport exploded in the UK around that time before starting to calm down again around the turn of the 90s leaving behind this island of hardcore fans who had mostly coalesced around the teams who were successful enough at the time to get to be in the one game British TV showed each week.

So lots of Dolphins/Bears/Broncos/Browns/Raiders/Niners fans.

I started playing for a local junior team in the nascent British American Football League and was leaning toward being a Dolphins fan. I watched Superbowl XIX live on the tiny mono tv in my room after my parents had gone to bed and then listened to us beat the Bears in '85 courtesy of a crackly AFRTS signal.

Then in the late 80s Marino came to England with Dwight Stephenson to run a coaching clinic (and photo op stuff), and at one point Dan was winging passes to people so of course I went and lined up.

I ran something approaching a hook pattern, turned around and caught a pass from Marino… mostly in self defence because the thing was going to shatter my nose if I didn’t get my hands up.

So I have a record of one catch for about eight yards from Hall of Fame Quarterbacks.

That was a fantastic Defense. That was my favorite Shula team. Make something with what you have and win. We both came up at the same time. System around the players, not vice versa.

Soooo lucky.

Seriously, that’s awesome!

The Browns are so desperate for a kicker, their owner bought a soccer team.

I mean, I have to commend him on his creativity.

And it’s not that expensive. It’s soccer

So Tannehill is hurt, and may not play Sunday. I’m so glad Nike has a better quarterback on its roster than we have backups…

For tomorrow, I’m not!

Sorry Fins fans, but it’s provably for the best if Tannehill takes the week off. The last thing he needs is to get hit by a (Khalil) Mack truck tomorrow. It’ll hinder his recovery.