The NFL 2018 Season

I get that, but I’m thinking 2 years/ 20mil tops. If you are going to spend more than that, it might be better to just keep Richardson, who may not be as big a difference maker, but is several years younger.

Well, Richardson is no longer an option (3yr deal with the Vikings signed this morning).

Ah, hadn’t heard that yet, thanks. Hope it’s a huge deal.

Don’t know how I missed this information but Tom Benson died yesterday. He had owned the Saints for the last thirty or so years, and was a big figure in Louisiana. Always liked that guy, he’ll be missed.

Jesus…Jets trade 6, 37, 49, and next year’s 2 to Indy to move up 3 spots.

And they overpaid for Trumaine Johnson, who is good but not great.

Seriously If I were a Jets fan I would be going bonkers! You give up your #6 pick plus three 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots? I doubt there’s a team in the NFL who wouldnt have loved to have pulled off that deal.

Especially since it means you are going to be drafting a noob qb and have less ability to build a team around him. That always works out so well.

Holy hell, that’s worse than the bears. At least they only gave a 3rd, 4th and a third from next year to move up one.

I’d happily take 37 and 67 off their hands in exchange for Earl Thomas.

Most analysts rank the top quarterbacks as UCLA’s Josh Rosen, USC’s Sam Darnold, Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield and Wyoming’s Josh Allen, respectively, with Louisville’s Lamar Jackson and Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolph also in the mix for the first round.

After missing out on Cousins, who signed a three-year, $84 million deal with the Minnesota Vikings (all fully guaranteed), the Jets signed Teddy Bridgewater — a young talent but coming off a major knee injury — and re-signed 15-year veteran Josh McCown, their starter for 15 games last season. But both are on one-year deals.

Sounds like this was the entire plan. Better QB or rookie QB.

Ravens sign RGIII??

He went from the “new Browns” to the “old Browns.” Maybe he’ll go from the new RGIII to the old RGIII and resuscitate his career.

Not related to the 2018 season at all - Aldon Smith, ex-49er and ex-Raider, has a truly serious self-destructive problem.

Amazing that he was able to turn it around and become an astronaut in that picture.

Damn. Point four-oh. That’s an impressive number. I guess he wanted to get one last drunk in.

Isn’t that typically fatal?

“.35 & up You have reached the level of surgical anesthesia. Coma is possible. The lungs and heart rate are slowing to the point of stopping. You need immediate medical help.”

That’s from this article.
https://www.csbsju.edu/chp/health-promotion/alcohol-guide/understanding-blood-alcohol-content-(bac)

How did he even get to the police station being that drunk?

Muscle memory?