The NFL 2018 Season

Yes. You never want to name your offspring “Uwe” if you are a Dolphin fan…

Interesting Herald article with a lot of PFF breakdown of Fins performances.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article220059455.html#navlink=SubDgst

I think there was 6ish seconds left? A kick takes about 4 seconds, so to ensure time expires during the kick, they ran a play, basically a throw-away. There wasn’t going to be a sack. A bad snap is about the only risk you run and that is pretty low.

Yes, Rodgers is too smart to take a sack in that situation. That was one hell of a Monday night game. Beathard played surprisingly well.

I just want to say that “Aaron Rodgers beats CJ Beathard at Lambeau Field” is just about the dog-bites-manniest NFL headline you could possibly write in 2018.

Anyone else watching the game from Wembley this morning? 4 televised games today. It’s too much! I’m going to leave with the family soon for some lunch and some shopping. Really looking forward to that Chiefs game tonight.

Mike Vrabel needs to get his brain checked, but that was a heck of an ending.

I watched the end, the fatal Titans decision to go for 2 rather than tie it with an extra point. I have no problem with going for it. But it’s going to be a long flight back to the States for TEN.

Thank goodness for the go for 2 call. Those announcers were awful.

In other news, the Darnold kid certainly looks like he can sling it.

My god. The constant air raid siren at the Jets game is unbearable.

Jets have shot themselves in the foot all day so far. Vikings not playing great, but Jets just keep muffing snaps and dropping balls.

The Browns need one more overtime game to tie the single season record. So they’ve got something going for them.

Ok people, its time to take this signs of the Apocalypse thing seriously. The Lions rushed for 258 yards today during their win against the Dolphins.

And the Eagles, up 17-0 in the 4th, decided they actually aren’t very good anymore, so they lost to Carolina 21-17.

Yep, I am doubtful they will even get remotely near the playoffs.

The Chiefs are wrecking the Bengals. Up 35 points in the 4th and Andy still has the starters in, including Mahomes. That’s playing with fire.

The Chiefs looked amazing tonight. They proceeded to make the Bengals look like a college team. When they are firing, it’s on every cylinder, twice.

Man, Mahomes is fantastic. Great arm, seems to go through his reads well, and can avoid the rush and run it too if needed.

The offense they run is really cool. Lots of fakes and misdirection. It’s fun to watch.

In the meantime, with the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens losing, the Steelers are now atop the AFC North without playing a single down of football this week.

This Giants are putting on one of the worst coaching displays I’ve ever seen. Just mind-boggling bad.

I’ve seen people get fired for less.

Pat Shurmur was one of those “WTF” coaches for me.

I mean, maybe he turns out to be great once they get a better quarterback than Eli. But I have no idea who looked at the Minnesota Vikings and thought, “That’s an amazing offense.”

Yeah, they weren’t terrible, but they weren’t dynamic, and the offense was set up incredibly well by that defense (until the playoff game against the Eagles, when you saw it come apart). Shurmur just had a long background of being medicore, including his coaching stint with the Browns.

Shurmer was well loved in MN as OC. His offense here was pretty much best-case given the personnel he was working with. Case Keenum better send him real damn nice Christmas cards for the rest of his natural life.

Now, part of it was coming off of Norv and his insistence on 7-step drops behind a gossamer offensive line. I haven’t seen that bad of an insistence on molding players to a system since the Twins insisted literally everyone throw sinking fastballs and “pitch to contact” :vomit:

But Shurmer did a great job here. He may be a better tactician than a leader - and thus best suited to OC rather than HC - but he deserves a decent share of the credit for last year’s Vikings.