The NFL 2018 Season

Last week I read an article about Bortles that said when you get benched for Cody Kessler you should realize your career is over. Pretty sure getting benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick ain’t a whole lot better.

Fitzpatrick will be 36 in November. He is only a short-term answer. I guess the Bucs let Winston walk after the season’s over, but they will be looking to develop a QB again.

Not having your franchise QB is being part of the poverty cycle in the NFL. You burn high picks to find a QB and more often than not it doesn’t work out. So you burn more picks at the expense of other positions on the team.

Hue Jackson is out in Cleveland, which makes him the sixth Browns head coach in a row fired after losing the second Steelers game of the season.

It was a pretty insane sports weekend in LA.

World Series games 3-4-5.
USC and UCLA home games.
NBA, MLS, NHL games
And then the Rams.

Yesterday was the first time that MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLS all played on the same day in the same county. And all the games were like in a 5-mile radius.

The die-hard LA sports fans were all watching the Dodgers.

That makes Larry Drew the second longest tenured Cleveland head coach… at one day. Not that this wasn’t deserved or overdue. The Browns could easily have 6 wins and a lot of that falls on the coaching.

The day after Cavs coach Tyronn Lue was fired. As far as we know, Terry Francona still has his job.

The OC Haley is out as well.

It looks like the measuring stick is “beat the Steelers in 1 out 5 times.”

So, for fun, I decided to look to see what were the worst teams so far, near mid way.

Based on point differential, it is clearly the Bills, Cardinals, and Raiders, at -94, 89, and -80 points respectively. However the Bills and Raiders have played only 7 games instead of 8.

They play the Pats tonight.

They will be the first member of this seasons vaunted -100 point club.

They are, without doubt, the worst team in the league. How does it feel being Buffalo’s only wins this season Minnesota and Tennessee?

How long was Jackson in Cleveland?

Word is Irvin is on the trade block for a late pick. Gruden has pretty much dismantled the team.

2.5 years.

I saw a note that since the Jags came into existence in 1995, this weekend is the first time all 3 Florida pro teams and Miami, Florida, and Florida State lost in the same weekend.

According to Cleveland media, it was Jackson’s internal squabbling with Haley that was the last straw for Dorsey. I think he was willing to put up with the record while he was rebuilding (I should say “building,” because “rebuilding” suggests there was something there before) the roster, but he could only stomach so much. Early speculation is focused on Mayfield’s college coach, Lincoln Riley, but that’s going to be a tough sell.

The coaching carousel is going to be brutal this year. I’m 95% sure Denver dumps the entire staff. at least 3 teams will do the same, and I don’t see a lot of good replacements floating around.

I’ve not been following the NFL at all this year, but how can anyone not notice this?

Denver trades Demaryius Thomas to the Texans for a 4th rounder.

Denver plays the Texans this week.

throwingintowel.gif

Well I guess I know who I’m picking in the loser bowl this week.

Really? With the Browns playing the Chiefs? Or did you already pick the Browns to lose?

Nope, I’m saving that one. That’s too easy ;)

I’m opportunistic, I’ve picked Seattle and Green Bay to lose and gotten the wins. Cleveland will always be there, along with Arizona and Oakland.

Eagles give up a third for eight games of Golden. Although they might get a lower third back next draft as a comp pick. Works for me!

Interesting, because Eagles’ bigger offensive hole is RB, having lost Jay Ajayi. But perhaps no one decent was left, or perhaps they’re happy with their current trio.

Lol. You win the thread.