The NFL 2018 Season

The fact that Nathan Peterman continues to have a starting job says a lot about the culture of the NFL.

This…is true…

If you say “Kaepernick’ again I’ll scream. He’s 32. He’ll never play again. He was never that good to begin with. A poor man’s Alex Smith. Can we find a new axe to grind?

Well, Sam Bradford is available now.

But I do think, objectively as possible, that it would be very hard to argue that Kaepernick would have been worst on that field yesterday than Peterman.

Because a 24 year old player who has thrown more touchdowns for the opposing team than his own is much better than a 31 (not 32) year old guy.

Also, Derek Anderson is 35

I think the corpse of George Blanda would have been better than him or Darnold on Sunday. But that is about youth and the future and etc. Kaepernick is 32, less good than fair at best, and has no upside only downside.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeSnarlingBustard-size_restricted.gif

See above. Seriously, I get that you want to be on record on an important issue, but saying “Kaep’ every time any QB (backup or not, even if they rush the punter in as QB due to injury emergencies) has an off day, while satisfying your political conscience, adds nothing to the football conversation.

[quote=“Navaronegun, post:1289, topic:134129, full:true”]

[quote=“BennyProfane, post:1287, topic:134129”]

Thus my mentioning Bradford. I’m not lobbying for Kaepernick, and he’s I’m sure getting good money from Nike. I hope the NFL ends up with a bloody mouth over the whole thing, but in this particular instance I’m just saying the Bills need to do SOMETHING. I don’t really care who IS their answer, but Peterman clearly is not.

Hey, I know a guy who’s available

And for all the heat he got, he was always better than people said. Bears fans were stupid to blame him.

Martz and Lovie shoulder far more of that blame.

Been there, done that got the Jersey.

You are aware that I buy the Jersey of every QB who starts a Fins game, right?

Why waste so many jerseys? Take a tip from Browns fans:

Meh, I started with Marino, worked backward, and just kept going.

I got some real winners like Old Jay up there., bad Dante Culpepper, Now I gotta buy Brock. :(

It’s kinda nuts, I don’t have them displayed on a shrine or anything. I just do it. Weird.

I stick with my favorite of all time when it comes to jerseys. It’s just too much of a pain otherwise. You pick the latest and greatest, only to see them get traded off or hurt and never really amounting to much.

I have been know to order a non-approved NFL jersey though. They are certainly cheap.

I only regularly wear: Griese, Strock, Marino. Sometimes Pennington on a weird lark.

Should a Browns fan think I’m poking fun at them, I’m certainly not. Here is an incomplete Redskins version, it’s missing Smith for this year.:

It sucks to have a team with problems keeping a QB.

Let’s face it, Old Jay got worse than he deserved from Bears fans. Guy was tough, especially when you see the punishment he took.

Granted Rodgers takes more, but any time 50 sacks in a season happens, it’s hard to blame the QB for that.

@Navaronegun - does this mean you own a John Beck jersey?

I mean, I can see the cult value in a Cleo “who the fuck is Cleo Lemon?” Lemon jersey, but buying a John Beck shirt is just masochistic.

Yes. Ray Lucas. Damon Huard. Doug Pederson. Yes.

Sage Rosenfels? Tyler Thigpen?

Thank god JP Losman never actually started for us.