The NFL 2018 Season

Honest question: why did anyone reasonably believe that Gruden would be a good coach for the Raiders?

Gruden won a Super Bowl after taking over Tony Dungy’s players. After that season he posted a 45-51 record the next 6 years and did not win another playoff game. He has a lifetime .522 winning percentage. That is not a particularly good record. So why would anyone consider him to be a top coach and give him that ridiculous contract?

Gruden’s like that guy in your office who looks good and talks a big game, but doesn’t back it up. Because appearance and perception matters, however, people buy the hype and overpay him.

Gruden has been very good at building the Gruden brand, leveraging the assets that he has very well.

He likes Grinders ™!

So… Cowboys bad?

Guessing Garrett is gone unless he really rallies the team. They need to finish 6-2 to have a shot at the playoffs. I don’t see them doing it.

To hop in here a little late - Cutler’s biggest problem was that he didn’t - or couldn’t - spread the ball around the way it needed to be. When he was at his best was when he basically had a whole new set of receivers, and hadn’t really developed chemistry with any of them yet. But once he found one he liked, it just seemed like the ball went that way 90% of the time, regardless of coverage. He’d force a throw to a triple-covered Brandon Marshall instead of taking whoever was open on the other side of the field. Same with Jeffery after Marshall left. Say what you will about Trubiskey, but one think he is far better at is throwing to whoever is open (most of the time), and not who his favorite target is.

To me it says everything you need to know about Jay when the Bulls were drubbing the Bucks in the NBA playoffs a couple of years back, someone in the Milwaukee crowd help up a sign that said, “You guys still have Cutler.”

Just saw your tweet to 3 Yards per Carry and recognized the name… :)

Great Fins’ podcast!

I’ll have to check them out, I responded to a retweet.

The whole Five Reasons network has some good pods.

Sometimes as a Browns fan, I ask myself why I keep subjecting myself to this awful shit year after year after year after year. And then a friend sends me a photo likes this to remind me of what they once were and (so foolishly I know) I hope against hope what they one day might be again.

Everything is cyclical. Some cycles are just longer than others. Stay true, Jason. The Browns will have their day again.

Here’s another one for you.

I live off dreams too, man.

https://cmgpbpdailydolphin.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/mfinal-finbacks-bin-2.jpg

Thanks, guys. I needed that.

Maybe this will help too: the cycle will also affect the Patriots one day.

Unless Belichick and Brady turn to scientology, then we’re all screwed.

If there’s any justice in this world, it will happen to the Pats and the Red Sox at the same time. Lord knows I’ve had my fill of insufferable Boston fans.

NY Jets QB Sam Darnold has been in a boot this week and missed some practice, but if he’s healthy we have a Darnold vs Peterman extravaganza coming up.

The Jets are eight point favourites for the game, meaning the bookies have included at least one Peterman pick six in their calculations.

With the NFL’s ability to flex games around the schedule now this seems like the ideal candidate to launch the league’s new flagship program, “Monday Afternoon Football.”

I’ll bring everyone’s attention to this:

I think that’s the greatest football analysis I’ve ever read.

Lol, well done sir.