The NFL 2018 Season

Fun ending to the Eagles - Cowboys game with the Eagles coming up 8 yard short. Probably simply forestalls the heartbreak for the Cowboys. The Eagles are not going to repeat but at least they have their QB. Fun game.

Dallas looked good. the announcers had a point; maybe the loss to Tennessee really meant that the Titans were good, not that the Cowboys are bad.

I wonder if @Skipper is all excited about his Skins yet? :)

Fun fact: If we go back far enough in Cleveland Browns history, there are three HOF running backs: Marion Motley, Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly (Bobby Mitchell would a fourth, but he gained most of his yards with the 'Skins). Nevertheless, rookie Nick Chubb recorded the longest TD run from scrimmage in franchise history yesterday:

Just waiting on the hammer to fall. It sucks leading your division when your division is in the toilet. :)

As another Skins fan whose obviously not as famous as @Skipper , I gotta say that game vs TB was exactly like the one against ATL - the only difference was the incompetence of Tampa Bay’s offense. If they don’t throw away the ball 4 times in the red zone the final score is something like is 27-16 TB.

No one is as famous as Skipper.

Well of course, he went on that famous 3-hour cruise they still sing and tell tales about on TV to this day!

Deadspin is back in the game!

Ass Team Of The Week: The Buccaneers Were Killed By Their Own Hot, Compressed Farts

This week’s highly-anticipated Chiefs/Rams matchup has suddenly shifted from Mexico City to LA because of the shitty conditions of the turf at the stadium in Mexico.

What a clown show. Thousands of fans have already bought tickets, including those who are flying in and got hotel rooms too. The teams have already flown to Colorado to train at high-altitude.

It’s amazing to me that Green Bay fans are almost as loud as Seahawks fans in this Thursday Night game in Seattle.

It is America’s team though, so I get it. They just have a lot of fans in every big American city, probably.

Seattle has had a massive influx of outsiders over the past 10 years. It used to be that most out-of-state plates I’d see were Oregon or California. Now I see Texas more than California. And a ton of other “eastern” states.

Nobody should be surprised in 2018 at how ubiquitous Packers fans are, nor at how much they suck.

I couldn’t stay up that late, so I went to bed before the end of the game.

Looking up the score this morning, I’m delighted to see that Seattle won! Woohoo!

I think compared to some other fanbases, the packers are probably the least sucky. Maybe the least smart? But certainly not as bad as some others.

coughPatscough

Even as a strident member of the anti Packer league, I dislike Pats fans more.

See that’s recency talking, though. Body of work clearly indicts Packer fans. This is known.

I hardly call 18 years ‘recency bias’

Of course I do roll it all under the banner of ‘Masshole sports fans’, so they get tarred for Bruins and Red Sox fans too.

Which is fair, I think.

Don’t forget the “count the banners from an 8-team league” Celtics fans!

Aww, shucks. I prefer infamous, you know, like the Three Amigos.

Gilligan had the con. I was nursing a hangover from partying with Mary Anne.

I would trade my stardom for less injuries. The Skins are looking shaky to hold on to things the next few games.

This is not the Onion.