The NFL 2018 Season

The more I think about it, they should take Barkley first and the best QB with that fourth pick. The Giants may not even take a QB then so the Browns could potentially still have all but one of the available QBs to choose from.

Unless the Browns are 100% sure about which QB is the next Brady, Barkley is the safe pick given their ability to pick again so soon.

That is exactly what I would do if I were making the Browns picks. Take Barkley #1 and then let the next picks make your decision on a QB easy. Take whomever is left. Its a crap shoot for QB picks as it is and taking a QB at number one only adds to the pressure to get it right. If Barkley is what he is expected to be, the draft will be a success for the Browns no matter what the #4 pick does. And if the #4 pans out they will look like geniuses for holding out.

Agree completely.

Now that we all agree, we can probably figure on them doing something really dumb like trading both picks for Tom Brady. Lmao!

I hate when people do ftfy, but this one is too perfect

How’d they get #4? A trade?

(I’m sure I could look this up, but I’m lazy).

In last year’s draft, the Browns had the #12 pick with Deshaun Watson on the board. The Texans traded #25 and this year’s 1st rounder (which turned out to be #4) to get it.

Thanks!

I love the Browns. Thanks to them, my hometown team has Carson Wentz.

Jaguars works as a UK name, too! Imagine all the players driving F-Types!

Looking more and more like Baker Mayfield at #1. I honestly don’t envy the decision makers for the Browns; there are several very good prospects, but none are the obvious top choice. Sure, Barkley or Chubb might be better prospects than any QB within their position group, but a long-term answer at QB has been the largest ongoing issue for the franchise. They have to go QB with the first pick; if they “get cute” and wait until 4, I wouldn’t be shocked to see a crowd with torches surrounding the stadium.

I get a lot of talking heads love Allen for his arm strength and speed, but I’ve read more and more which convinces me he’s a great project but not at the first pick. Rosen is supposed to throw the best ball, but has more limited mobility and there’s questions about his “dedication to the game” (meaning: will he quit football after a few concussions?). Darnold can’t hang onto the ball and doesn’t max out any measurables in the group. Mayfield has the best accuracy, but will his vision of the field be impaired from being a couple inches shorter than ideal?

The 4th pick is going to be the easy one, I think; whomever is there between Chubb and Barkley (I’m pretty sure one or the other will go beforehand).

If history is a guide, this is how it will go tonight:

Ha ha. Awesome.

The Texans clearly miscalculated where their 2018 pick would end up in that trade. A very Knicks style trade…

Ha ha, yes. But I suspect most Texans are ok with the way it worked out. Let’s see if Watson can keep it going this year.

They’re crazy. Take the RB!

Well, there’s no disputing that, lol

They’re just so much the typical “we’re smarter than the room!” type of organization. The head coach in Cleveland especially strikes me as that kind of guy. That’s what Andy Reid has never figured out about himself that Pederson obviously “fixed” while retaining Andy’s offensive system. Sometimes the simple or obvious option is the best one. Try not to overthink it and just go with the easy play.

QBs, especially when you have so many people arguing over which one actually is worthy of number one, just aren’t a reliable pick. Barkley is a consensus number one pick as a rusher. You have the 4th pick for a QB. Take the sure thing and roll the dice on the later pick instead. There’s no guarantee the other teams have this thing scouted right either.

It’s like the Sixers last year. They could’ve stood pat and gotten either Fultz or Tatum and BOTH were viable at three. Colangelo made a move he didn’t have to make. Inaction can often be the best action in professional sports.

Oh, they should definitely take Barkley at 1, and a QB later.

Which is exactly why they won’t.

After 2 concussions this year at UCLA, I would too. IMHO, Rosen is the best QB prospect in the draft (and he damn sure will try to play injured - it ain’t desire that was the problem, it was UCLA’s porous OL), but if you can’t protect him, don’t take him, because he won’t be able to stand up to it the first year or two if he’s getting hit every play.

I do think that Mayfield is the best fit for the Browns - they need a QB with a fire in his belly and who can run away from pass rushers. I’d think they’d be best suited to take Barkley 1st and hope Mayfield falls past the Jets, but I don’t know if that will work and they may have to take Mayfield 1st. However, if Barkley isn’t there at 4, they will likely get Chubb if they like him.