The NFL 2018 Season

That’s right.

All Patriots games to be in Miami going forward.

That Dolphins play was amazing. Like the hook and lateral play from the Chargers playoff game so many years ago. Only even crazier.

Congratulations Fins!

Far crazier. The hook and lateral play was at the end of the first half. This was the final play of the game.

One odd thing I noted is that the Pats put in Gronk on defense (maybe some other receivers too?) and he had a real shot at making the tackle near the goal line but he stumbled when the guy with the ball veered away from him. Makes you wonder if it’s smart to put in players who don’t have practice tackling the guy with the ball.

Official Dolphin fan take. I am elated, but this is still second to the Hook and Lateral play against SD in 1981(that was a Playoff game).

This one feels like this:

The play that kept us from going winless.

Some crazy finishes today, from KC’s win, the Dolphins’ laterals, the Cowboys on a pop up catch by Cooper, the Raiders possibly costing themselves the #1 pick by winning late vs PIT, etc.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1071889058064945154

Rams seem like they decided not to study what the Lions and Giants did in the last two weeks to try to neutralize the Bears defense/pass rush. They keep sending their receivers on these long, slow-developing pass routes, and the Bears are able to get to Goff. Hardly seeing any of the quick hits and slants that other teams have used against Chicago to a little more effectiveness.

Rams vs Bears: Good defensive game in the first 3 quarters. If it’s like the Cowboys - Eagles game, they’re saving all the big scoring for the fourth quarter.

Man what a crazy game. The picks, the missed field goals, the safety, the big runs, the Rams held under 100 yards in the first half, and only 229 on the day.

You’d look at that, look at the score, and think it was a terrible game. But it was really just an amazing game from both defenses.

So with three games to go the Dolphins are in the playoff hunt and the Browns still have a mathematical shot. Who would have thunk?

Maybe I am more enured to this news, being a WaPo subscriber.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/10/colin-kaepernick-reportedly-ready-willing-play-redskins/?utm_term=.4417bb21aa4c

Yet the fact that Johnson, who had not attempted an NFL pass since 2011, was even in the game at all pointed to the fairly absurd circumstances that have befallen the Redskins at quarterback.

Didn’t realize it has been 7 years for Johnson.

Earlier on Sunday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that “despite multiple teams’ need for quarterbacks throughout the season, not one team has reached out to Kaepernick to gauge his interest or arrange a workout,” per a league source.

If the NFL’s teams aren’t colluding together to not hire the guy, they are doing a pretty bad job of not looking like that.

Gruden said Tuesday that the team opted to bypass Kaepernick for “strictly football” reasons. Kaepernick attorney Mark Geragos disputed that characterization, though, asking The Post’s Kareem Copeland, “Isn’t it obvious what’s happening?”

It’s collusion if they’re all secretly agreeing not to hire Kaep.

But seriously, I think in this case it’s cowardice. A vast majority of teams have fanbases that would flip out on them. Plus, they know that Shitgibbon won’t let it go and will add fuel to the fire.

There are other teams where it’s less of an issue, but there were still extremely reasonable reasons why Kaep wasn’t signed. For example, Seattle is a pretty liberal team from a pretty liberal place. They did work out Kaep last year, but their salary cap was really tight to begin with.

I feel like trotting out Josh Johnson, and Mark Sanchez is just insane to me. We don’t know how much Kaep is asking for, maybe too much, but to hear that article tell it, it isn’t that teams aren’t coming to good terms with him on a deal, it is that they aren’t even talking to him at all.

Which, if I was a fan of a franchise fighting for a playoff seat, like GB last year during Rodger’s injury, I would be flipping furious that they didn’t even call the guy. I don’t give a shit about the politics, I want my team to win. And the Packers definitely lost their chance to hit the playoffs in 2017 due to Brett Hundley starting games. He was trash, and the fact that they didn’t even work out Kaepernick is bad.

I think you guys have it all wrong. The Redskins keep bringing in the worst possible free agents because they don’t want to see a quarterback taking a knee on the field at all costs. Someone competent might have to take some snaps in the victory formation.

Not for long, but yesterday was fun. At least they showed fire in wanting to get to the playoffs.

Yeah, it’s infuriating. Frankly, I think there might have been a few of those teams that might have taken a chance on him, if not for the fact that there’s an asshole in the White House who would cause no end of grief for them. Hell, we’re in this situation because of that asshole.

Redskins played a game on week 14 of the season against the Giants at home in front of a stadium that was half-full at best.

It used to be that you couldn’t get a ticket to an Redskins game for all the coal in Newcastle. Now they’re given away. Hard to imagine how Colin Kaepernick could further increase fan apathy/disaffection or cause distractions that would result in the team playing worse than it is already.

Also remember who owns the Redskins, and how much he contributed to Shitgibbon.

What do you do if you can’t fire Jon Gruden because his buyout would be $90 million?

You fire Reggie Mckenzie