The NFL 2018 Season

Nailed it!

Also that wraps the North. The Vikes would have to win out and the Bears lose out to be otherwise.

I don’t see either happening.

Even when he’s playing like crap, Russell Wilson usually manages to pull one out of his ass and save the day. Especially against the Vikings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGGao-AGwMI

The Sunday night game blew chunks but the Monday night was about the same. And how do you miss the leverage call on the blocked kick?

And the thing about that blocked kick…they threw the flag, and then talked themselves out of the penalty.

Weird.

No, the Sunday Night game was loads of awesomesauce!!!

(yes, I am a long-suffering Bears fan).

I like both the Bears and the Rams, but good grief the QB play in that game made me want to vomit. Good for the Bears though, their defense was tough. The Rams looked completely unprepared.

Back in the day, before the NFL pretended to care about player safety, Deacon Jones had a move that supplemented his famous head slap (now illegal of course). He called it the “vacuum pop.” It was executed by placing both hands (forcefully of course) over the ear holes in the offensive lineman’s helmet and then releasing them at once. More imaginative I think then simply grasping the opening.

Chartreuse is not a color, it is an instrument of torture banned by the Geneva Conventions.

I get it. To me, Trubiskey’s play was more due to his having 2 games off. His overthrowing the targets looked a lot more like the beginning of the season - he was getting a lot better at that as the season went on. He may just need a little more time to fix that issue. Goff was just harassed all night by the DL, and just never looked comfortable in the pocket. Between that and the DBs covering well, that was more good defense rather than terrible QB play, IMO.

But again, I’m biased because it’s been a long damn time since this team was even worth paying attention to this late in the season. Spent a lot of money on season tickets with very little return until this year. That game was the most fun one I have been to since their NFC Championship game back in January of 2007.

I’m always happy to see long suffering fans get some happiness. Bears, Skins, Saints, and Eagles have always had dedicated fans that stuck with their teams even through tough years. Saints and Eagles fans had to wait a really long time for championships. Bears and Rams fans have had decades of bad football but at least had a Lombardi in the case.

The Seahawks have been responsible for three teams firing coaches of late.

The Bears are kind of good this year!

Don’t get me wrong, the Seahawks D played well last night.

But this has been a season in the making. The playcalling has been god damn embarrassing all year.

Good riddance.

And, honestly, I sympathize. As a Bears fan I suffered under years of terrible play calling. From the overly conservative, to the Martz era ‘we don’t throw to TEs so dump one of the best in the league’ and run 5 yard bubble screens all day, to the just plain awful of the John Fox era.

Matt Nagy has made the team fun. Like the TD against the Rams where a defensive tackle is used as a decoy runner for a catch by an offensive tackle, and it worked, because the previous week said defensive tackle had gone all Fridge throwback? Hot damn do I love that. You’d have never seen that under Lovie.

So while I am enjoying the fact that last night all but made the division official (a single win by the Bears or loss by the Vikes makes it official), I can sympathize with your plight.

I wish I could agree, but he has just missed so many passes throughout the season. His footwork is bad and he just sails passes way way too much. I would love it if he could fix his mechanics and not suck, but it rarely happens at the NFL level and even more rare if it happened in season. They don’t need that much out of him, but they need more if they want to get past the first round. He can’t keep throwing open receiver picks when they are ahead. It’s one thing to throw interceptions when you’re behind late trying to close a gap and another when your defense is rolling and you give up short fields.

In the land of defending champion Philadelphia Eagles, QB Carson Wentz misses practice with back soreness and is questionable for Sunday. One report has him out for the year. On twitter they’re labeling him Carson Fultz.

The Nick Foles era resumes!

Um, that was a fun, fun game. Congrats to the Chargers for skipping overtime and going for the win with the 2. You guys are awesome. The playoff works are all gummed up again.

I really like watching Mahomes. He’s a stud. If he doesn’t get hurt he’s going to break a lot of records in his career.

And Rivers was the aging vet who beat him. Rivers is funny – the guy lobs sidearm passes and his receivers somehow catch them! You go, dude!

Oh crap, I forgot all about tonight being Thursday Night!

I’ll look for a good highlight reel tomorrow I guess.

Yeah, and actually a good matchup in a game with meaning. For Thursday Nights we get a lot of 4-7 teams playing a 6-5 team with the announcers doing their best to make it sounds like a “really important game.”

Look for the highlights. Mahomes didn’t do anything crazy like a no-look pass, but he did throw a couple of incomplete left-handed passes that ended up being defensive penalties. He’s just fun to watch because you know he’s a stud.

That was a pretty damn boring game for me. Way too many penalties, all over the place. And I temporarily switched allegiances to the Chargers, willing them to score a TD to tie the game and send it to OT in an attempt to get some actual points from Mahomes in a game-winning OT drive for my fantasy playoffs, and THEY DOUBLECROSSED ME with that damn 2pts at the very end. Never again.

Hill’s drop on that long TD kind of killed it for me. Hill seemed to be pretty uninterested most of the game. A couple rushes where he just ran out of bounds, losing a few yards, that terrible drop, etc. And KC not challenging that Mahomes rushing TD was a low point for me as well! Need those points!