The NFL Protests

And there’s not a chance in hell he’d say a thing to damage the value of his team if he were an owner. Instead he’d be praising the league for giving jobs to all those “unskilled” athletes. He may be a racist shitbag, but money Trumps everything.

Genuine fans.

I guess the NFL bent the knee for no damn reason at all. Who knew that giving Trump what he demanded would still not satisfy that narcissist who was and will remain pissed at them until he dies.

It’s fucking glorious. And now they know that unless 100% of the players come out of the locker room for the anthem when the season starts that the whole thing was for nothing. Trump will continue to attack them.

Even if they did that, he’d still attack them. He will never own an NFL team and that will always be the biggest sticking point. He wanted in the club and no one wanted him so now he will do everything he can to try to destroy the club.

If you’ve ever seen “Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL”, it explains a lot.

That moment you notice there is one person who is not a racist at a Trump event.

I only hope the Washington Capitals will do the same.

Man, LeBron is no bullshit kinda of guy.

LOL, if this is true then the White House was right to cancel the event. At this point I would suggest they just stop inviting these teams to avoid this sort of embarrassment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779699-report-nick-foles-only-confirmed-eagles-player-planning-to-attend-white-house?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I think that is especially true if the rumors are that he was pressuring the GOP to sanction the NFL via taxes because of the players exercising free speech. Nothing came of it, but it really smells like government suppression of free speech to me.

Have we talked about Randazza going off on the whole stupid topic? Because it’s pretty great, and I say that as someone who fundamentally disagrees with Randazza on the regular.

Don’t start with me with baseball, a boring ass adaptation of a crumpet-eating fairy-assed game from England that is primarily played by Dominicans. Basketball?* Yeah, we invented it, but at its core it is a stupid game. Sure, we’re the goddamn best at it, and unless we’re playing it against the Croatians, we’re going to win 101 times out of 100. The Canadians may have a “football league,” but it would more appropriately be called the NFL’s recycling bin. No other country even tries to compete with us in football. It is America’s game. So it goddamn ought to reflect American values, as best it can.

Allowing protest and dissent ought to be ingrained at a chromosomal level if you think that you’re amber-waves-of-grain entitled to wave the red, white, and blue.

So fuck the NFL for this policy.

e: Well paint me teal and call me a porpoise, I linked the piece before getting to Randazza’s usual “but the Left are all idiots” bit. Ah well, the first half is good anyway.

Ugh, yeah, I read the first half and was thinking “hmm, this is sensible!” and then he went all “everything social media has done since 2016 is a left-wing conspiracy”

Subtracting points for lack of a Confederate flag and truck nutz.