The NFL Protests

Adding back points for most likely deep south Pennsylvania Trump country locale (aka, anywhere not Pittsburgh or Philly.)

Appropriately enough, that’s probably Gettysburg.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chambersburg+St,+Gettysburg,+PA+17325/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c9ac8c1b5c96d5:0x2b0fe3f0310e13d3?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy26S_0e_bAhXRHDQIHft1BD8Q8gEIKDAA

The irony of that should be lost on no one.

The letters in America get closer together as he realises he maybe running out of room so dock points for that. On the plus side, the three exclamation points after “stand” shows he means business.

3/10 would not racist again.

And the NFL continues to screw this up. At their meeting, the owners apparently forgot that any significant rules changes must be discussed with and approved by the players union. Oops. The players union sued the NFL and now…

Yeah, they were dumb. The Dolphins were even dumber…

ESPN was running with a story yesterday that had the Miami Dolphins threatening players with 4 game suspensions for kneeling. However apparently each team was required to supply the league with their plans regarding the policy and the suspension was the worst possible outcome.

My guess is with each team offering different policies the league realized that the policy the NFL office came up with was actually 32 different policies, with different penalties and opportunities for problems.

I look forward to hearing our dear leader’s fresh hot take on peaceful protest again when the season actually starts.

What makes you think he isn’t going to go off on this today?

Well it’s Infrastructure Week, for one! Also, he’s clearly focused on working on our very important relationship with Russia & Putin this week, so there’s no time for…ok, who am I kidding? He’s probably tweeting about the NFL as I write this.

Trump will probably call for Moscow to get a team, with Putin as owner of course. Nobody would dare kneel in Moscow.

“People are saying, believe me, that in some countries if you disrespect the flag, they’ll shoot you dead right their on the field. Can’t say I disagree folks!”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1020432499082702849

Because he has treason to distract from and he can’t help himself.

I’m trying to decide if this is a threat, or if it’s just how he values people?

The latter.

No, it’s not. That is how the NFL got itself into this mess actually. The MLB and NBA contracts do state something to that effect, the NFL contract doesn’t it.
Fake news Mr. President.

He hates the NFL and he hates the commissioner. And money is how he values people.

I am not sure, but I think I am leaning towards seeing it as a threat. As in “Handle your uppity underlings or you won’t be keeping that high dollar position.”

Pfft, no. If he had any power over the NFL whatsoever, he would have bought a team and run the league into the ground years ago.

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1020502645763698688

So this showed up in Dallas after Dak Prescott came out in support of Jerry Jones’ protest rule for the Cowboys: