The NFL Protests

I saw this decal on a car at the local rec center last week. I’m a pretty quiet guy in person, but I started cursing out loud when I saw it

I saw this bumper sticker on a truck a few months ago and had a similar reaction.

Plus the guy driving it also had a german shepherd in the back seat with the windows down and it was barking aggressively at all the kids coming out of my daughter’s elementary school. Some of them looked scared. Classy move.

You need to take a picture of that car and send it to the FBI. I’m not kidding.

Yeah, wish I had but I thought of it too late. I should get one of those dashboard cams.

Thank you for sharing this comic. I couldn’t resist sharing it in a Facebook comment today, and immediately got a fairly predictable, visceral reaction.

Gotta love the immediate whataboutism there.

I don’t understand why people being gunned down by police, a civil enforcement group we entrust as the public, has anything to do with other types of killings.

Because people are racist and devalue the lives of black people.

Relevant thread I started years ago:

Which of course, he can’t do…legally. But what does that even mean anymore?

Thanks for this, LMN8R. I recently began engaging extended family and other contacts on Facebook over issues like this, and reading that thread was immensely helpful.

I’ve been mostly blocked by any pro-Trump family I have so there’s not much chance for me to engage with them :D Hope it helps with yours though!

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nypost.com/2018/09/02/gop-official-resigns-after-calling-kneeling-nfl-players-baboons/amp/

“Tired of these overpaid ignorant blacks telling me what I should believe in. I will tell you what I believe in and that is our Flag the National Anthem and America period end of story,” wrote Carla Maloney, the ex-Republican Committee of Beaver County’s secretary, on Facebook under the name Carla Belich Fueller, local outlet The Beaver Countian reported.

“You don’t like it here go to Africa see how you like it there. We are all Americans not African American not Hispanic American. WE ARE ALL AMERICAN,”

Keeping it classy.

Bold choice by Nike to feature Kapernick as the face of the 30th anniversary of “Just do it”.

Republican official calls players who protest ‘baboons’ who should ‘go back to Africa’. Then resigns, says she’s totally not a racist.

Making my socks droop off my feet to own the libs.

Libs are running for the exit to this country. He finally did it. We’re dead.

Can’t wait to hear what Mr. President has to say about Nike at 3am tomorrow morning.

I gotta say, it’s going to be fun at the Nike offices tomorrow.

I can’t wait…

Keep in mind, whatever happens, that Nike is a US company and their primary direct competition (Adidas) is European.