The NFL Protests

https://twitter.com/evanoconnell/status/913039442591526912

The Boston Antifa Twitter was hacked, that’s all!

Hey, if confusing old movies with reality worked for Reagan…

All his recent films have been money laundering projects for the thieves in law. He is a close personal friend of Putin, Kadyrov and Lukashenko, and the very definition of a collaborator and traitor.

and he’s lecturing NFL players on patriotism? I will celebrate the day he’s found dead in an autoerotic asphyxiation accident.

My son is in kindergarten now and yes he does.

Gotcha. Yeah, it is unfortunate and ironic that Tillman is used as such a device.

Especially with how complicated and nuanced his views on the Afghanistan and Iraq wars were.

Maybe he was jealous of Gerard Depardieu, a Russian citizen since 2013.

Vladimir Putin is the new David Miscavige.

Putin obviously has a thing for fat, ageing actors with tax problems.

I only serve part-time at the moment, but this has not been a cause for a hissy fit for me. It does upset a bunch of my military friends, but they understand that this is a price for free speech, and many have elected to forgo watching the NFL this year. All of them think that Trump has really done us no favors with his comments.

I personally would prefer that the kneeling happen at a different time, and given human factors, this perhaps doesn’t have whatever the intended effect is supposed to me—on me at least.

I did see a picture of some young kid protesting at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (maybe photoshopped), and if it’s real, I find that more saddening than angering, much like the incident with that Stone woman.

Also, isn’t football dying off? Never been interested in that sport.

As a foreigner I struggle to understand why a bunch of people stupid enough to sign up to get their balls blown off guarding a convoy of KBR trucks running empty barrels from Kabul to Nangarhar so KBRs contract can charge $45,000 per truck believe they ought to be treated with respect by a race their fathers and brothers back home are murdering wholesale.

I had forgotten about this.

Here, eat! Good!

784a32709cba417082d41334b3235666

NOW EAT IT ALL

EAT IT STEVEN

DON’T INSULT HIM. ALL OF IT.

Next time just pay the IRS.

images

Here, eat! Good!

I mean… wtf.

It’s just a little weird that young kids are pledging allegiance to a flag or system of government, but they’re not taught what those things are until junior high or high school. In your day-to-day life, would you sign a contract without knowing what that contract is about?

I’m not defending The Pledge, but generally, don’t we make kids do all sorts of stuff before they fully understand why?

Growing up as an Air Force dependant attending schools on base, we did that pledge but at the time I didn’t think anything of it, being a kid and all - it wasn’t any different than say attending church and reciting prayers - (and I believed in Santa, too.)

(I wasn’t a radicalized lefty until 14, and thankfully public high schools didn’t do that. )

Not directly related to the NFL protests but here’s one of those “ungrateful black millionaires” (seriously that’s a thing, go check out some Joe Walsh tweets) in action:

Generally speaking they tend to come from really shitty situations and give back to the community generously.

With the pledge, what happens if there are children in the classroom who aren’t citizens and don’t want to say the pledge?