The NFL Protests

All the Ford owners suddenly love Chevy.

For sale: Nike Killshots, never used.

-Ernest Hemingway

I’m imagining a real boon for the people that make the fake-Calvin-peeing-on-rival-truck-logo window stickers.

Since 02 I think.

About fifteen years, they’ve been under Nike. i fully support telling Nike burners to buy Converse though. It’s not like this group cares about facts anyway.

So my Ford F-150 and my Converses will be telling people how I fell about things. Now I just have to remember to never give anyone the “Okay” sign.

Is that Jarrod Kushner in blackface? :)

This seemed like the appropriate thread to place this. It’s kinda my own little protest against football.

The NFL player protests do come into my decision, but not because I disagree with them. Rather, the league/owners actions to limit the protests are part of the reason I’m stepping away.

I love that Nike did this just so I can enjoy all the renewed wailing and gnashing of teeth from my neighborhood “patriots”.

lol

Here it is.

In the interest of fairness, the lines of racism are a bit blurred in this case. From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel report: “Wauwatosa Police said an officer was flagged down by an African-American couple who indicated a robbery either was occurring or had just occurred, and the suspect was in the back seat of a blue Lexus. The man pointed out the car to the officer, Wauwatosa Police Capt. Brian Zalewski said in a statement.”

I’ve gone without new casual sneakers (I do have cross trainers, running shoes, etc) for a while because I always bought New Balance, which I’m told donated to the Trump campaign in '16. It strikes me as weird that I would base a sneaker decision on politics, but I just could never figure out what brand to switch to, and I could not imagine wearing New Balance anymore. So this Nike campaign finally brings me an answer. Kudos to them.

Well black people can be racist too!

Also, the Milwaukee area is so odd, because it is basically one of only places were a large amount of African Americans live in the state, and it is completely surrounded by racist suburbs.

I mean, just venture out of your prescribed area, and get the cops called on you.

Yeah, it was the car he was driving, because a white dude driving that car would have had the cops called on him too…

That link produces weird results. In any case, I remember that incident. Panicky white clerk in the jewelry store. Large African American man coming in, he must be going to rob us!

Racism is racism. The idea that a young black man can’t legitimately be around older white women is a racist assumption, no matter who says it. If i stacked the racist incidents and weighted them , one from predominately white individuals against others and then the other group, the white would be pretty horrifically high and heavy.

They had no reason, zero reason, to believe that young man was doing anything wrong, and he is lucky some officer didn’t suddenly fear for his life and just outright shoot him to claim how fearful he was later in court.