The North Korea Thread

Well it is infrastructure week, just not in America.

Timex, Speaking to your eternal pessimism. :) This came out in the news today. I remembered our convo of like a month ago.

Like I said before, it happens. People just don’t pay attention when it does. And it gets buried by the never-ending partisan he said she said battle and backseat driving. :)

May the families find solace and comfort.

U.S. Identifies Remains of Two Service Members Returned From North Korea

Both died in late 1950; names will be announced after families are informed

JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii—The U.S. has identified the remains of two service members among the 55 boxes returned by North Korea this summer, officials from the Defense POW/MIA Accountability Agency said Monday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-identifies-remains-of-two-service-members-returned-from-north-korea-1536644825?mod=hp_listc_pos3

Tech’s New Problem: North Korea

Hiding behind social-media fake profiles, a group linked to Pyongyang solicited technology work to send hard currency back home

These details come from a Wall Street Journal investigation into a North Korean business based in China that has been building mobile games, apps, bots and other products for clients in the U.S. and elsewhere. Customers said they had no idea they were dealing with North Koreans.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-koreans-exploit-social-medias-vulnerabilities-to-dodge-sanctions-1536944018?mod=hp_lead_pos5

I wonder which Mobile games are from the DPRK, @Rod_Humble ?

Likely the pay to win wargames…

Queue one trillion, “this is my surprised face” meme pics.

Trump got friend-zoned.

Get cucked by communists to … own the libs?

I mean that is a parody account… still funny though.

It is. Run by a former Popehat contributor.

I mean it is a parody account, but the whole thing about getting cucked by commies… is accurate.

Because Trump did say that and NK did announce they were keeping their nukes and he can basically go fuck himself.

Trump is personally vested in the notion of a “win” here. He’s not personally vested in any actually strategic benefit to the US… So it’s perfectly acceptable to him to just let North Korea have whatever it wants, and declare things a victory.

And so that’s what will happen. We’ll make concessions, and receive nothing at all in return. Trump will declare a victory, and his supporters will cheer, because they are fucking be imbeciles.

But they fell in love…

No one could have seen this coming!

But we were told they were no longer a threat!

Don’t worry, it’s a peaceful missile base!