The North Korea Thread

Turns out the new White House press secretary is also a phenomenal diplomat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/30/politics/stephanie-grisham-north-korea-scuffle/index.html

The new White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, got into a scuffle with North Korean officials on Sunday during a chaotic scene outside a meeting room where US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un talked privately.

A source at the scene said Grisham got in “an all out brawl” with North Korean officials as American and North Korean reporters were hustled in to view the summit. Grisham was bruised a bit in the scuffle, the source added.

I don’t see anything in the video. She pushes past some dude with a camera. Meanwhile the talking heads on CNN are saying some bullshit about foreign press being aggressive. I thought the headline said it was NK officials? Which is it?

The NK press is run by their state.

What a clown show. Except that’s an insult to honest clowns.

I was in seoul yesterday. Trying to do a tour of the main palace. Except shitgibbon is in town and the traffic was a fucking nightmare.

My blood pressure and general health required me to avoid FB today, because local media reports are stuffed with my fellow Ohioans stampeding to heap praise upon this brilliant statesman repeatedly legitimizing one of the worst regimes in the world today and repeatedly getting absolutely nothing in return.

Yeah, I don’t see this as a turning point in US/North Korea relations. I suppose it’s possible that it could end up being Trump’s legacy but I seriously doubt it. What it looks like is the dictator being given the legitimacy of meeting on equal terms with the United States and having to do absolutely nothing for it.

That’s what it’s all about. It’s all fake style points for DJT, whereas Kim is playing for real. Kim is not exactly a bright bulb, but he’s smarter than DJT, and like every other world leader, knows how to manipulate DJT’s ignorance, stupidity, and vanity.

Don’t get it twisted. In this case, Trump knows what’s up. Even news outlets uncharitable to Trump have headlines today crowing about him being the first sitting US President to go into North Korea. This is a diplomatic PR stunt that he can carry into the election.

But what’s worse is that it has given us nothing in return. Nothing. And any future president coming into office can expect a gigantic rebound and North Korea tantrum if they don’t place North Korea right back atop that pedestal.

Just a shame he came back.

NK’s given us nothing for a while now. Hell, remember back when we made a bunch of concessions, like suspending our exercises with the South Koreans, and I said, “NK’s gonna give us nothing in exchange for any of this.”

And then they did give us nothing… and even went on to expand their nuclear program.

Trump and his supporters are suckers.

So what happened to little rocketman and the big dotard? I will never understand politics. At least they do not start a new war (in the next 2 weeks). Maybe NK can offer Trump some warm beer and pretzels.

Who says the GOP doesn’t do value signalling?

It’s incredibly disturbing that that’s not an exaggeration or hyperbole.

Or maybe cheaper election hackers than what Russia offered at G20.

So the NY times reported that the Trump administration may now settle for North Korea just not making any more nuclear weapons, but letting them keep what they have.

But Bolton is saying that’s bull.

This is the same Bolton who was sent out to Mongolia while Trump went to Korea with Tucker Carlson.

Who wants to give me odds that Trump does this, and makes Bolton look like an idiot?

Bolton should really consult with Tucker Carlson before making such a bold assertion.