The North Korea Thread

OPSEC is ;pretty heavy duty stuff. Even if it doesn’t seem to matter, good practice is essential to the safety and security of the people involved, never mind the policy implications. Yes, senior officials can certainly disclose sensitive information in the pursuit of national policy goals–the military servers the civilian political establishment. But the quit pro quo there is that the civilians understand what the hell they are doing, and have carefully calculated the risk/rewards for putting people in danger. If done properly, it goes with the territory–the military is not a low-risk occupation. But done capriciously, or with total ignorance, it rises to the level of, well, criminal negligence.

And bragging to murderous dictators is not a national policy goal.

Indeed. Well, nothing Trump does has any relationship to any actual goals, as he doesn’t seem to have any.

Even if trump blurts out where ships are, would the other country believe it? He’s been comically wrong before.

Technically, the UK is “off the coast of North Korea”.

Well sure, we could say he is playing a strange game of deception. But I’m not sure it’s a great game if he actively antagonizes North Korea with talk of having ballistic missile subs off its coast.

Plus, I think we would be giving the guy way too much credit, based on his history of spoken gaffes.

You mean 17D chess moves!

Speaking of, where did the 3D chess moves thing start? I keep seeing that everywhere.

Not sure where it started but I’ve seen it used by his pundits on the cable news shows to explain his otherwise bizarre and childlike behavior.

That makes sense. Similar to that, I read an article earlier about the entire GOP doing the same thing about the increasingly bad behavior from their candidates. They basically legitimize the craziness by going along with it, escalating the new level of normal along the way.

Star Trek?

They won’t be SSBNs, those can hit NK from darn near anywhere in the world. They will be attack boats with short/medium range weapons. Spying is probably what they are doing. It’s usually better if no one knows how many spies you have in their area.

In some ways, the movements of the SSNs are as in need of ultra-secrecy as the SSBNs. They are much more likely to be used in a variety of ways, are more versatile, and have to get in closer to do whatever it is they are going to do. The only people really concerned about the boomers are the Russians and Chinese, and there’s not a lot they can do about them (and to some extent, at least for us and the Russians, vice versa). But attack boats are a different and much more vulnerable story.

Pretty sure it started with Trump supporters when people said he was a fucking idiot, they fired back that he was playing a game so complex they couldn’t understand it. Then people like Rick Wilson ran with it and brought it up every time Trump did something so stupid your average house cat would know better.

Edit: Yep, that was it.

It was started by: Scott Adams. And then expanded by /r/TheDonald. Because of course it was.

Mexico not paying for the wall = 3D Chessmaster Trump

Jesus Christ, you can just skip the cartoon and bludgeon my brain with a cinderblock next time.

In the grimdark hellfuture of Trumperica 2017, we don’t even have cinderblocks to bash in liberals’ head anymore. Instead, we must fitfully gather the runny shit that our diet of antibiotic laden 100% “Naturganic” horsemeat Whoppers produces for weeks at a time, fashioning it into solid bricks in the searing post-clathrate-gun sunlight over the course of weeks.

I had to Google the artist to make sure it wasn’t satire. Woah boy.

And the Mexican pieces are brown. All aboard the Trump train to racist town, everybody! Well, every white.

I always like how he’s always shown with some pronounced chin and jawline. Dude has been a flabby fuck his entire life.
He’s never not had at least 2 chins.