The North Korea Thread

Well yes but the Republican voters are good godly Christians who wouldn’t worship a graven idol! Inanimate objects are right out.

The best part is that Gorky is basically saying that Diplomacy is not an option where North Korea is concerned.

He’s also got the wrong color of tie!

White House Staffer : “Mr. President, someone on the internet just said ‘Donald Trump wouldn’t do X’”
Trump : “Hold my ice cream.”

Trump doing the same thing he does every day. Doubling down when asked about whatever he just said. We saw this pattern in the campaign over and over. Double down. Triple down. We are seeing it now with nuclear escalation.

I honestly think our free press should agree not to ask Trump about these statements. We have to stop this maniac. This is insane.

LOL imagining Trump walking around the White House carrying ice cream all the time fits with my image of him so well.

Also basically this:

Two scoops, of course

I firmly believe Trump thinks nuclear missiles are just really big bombs that fly themselves to their targets, that he doesn’t grasp the concept of radiation, fallout and the horrific damage to places that were not even targeted that occurs when you deploy a nuclear weapon.

His lack of understanding about so many simple things makes me positive that he doesn’t understand or care to understand anything about what he’s talking about doing other than “I’ll make that Kim Jong guy sorry he messed with the U.S. and everyone will LOVE me for it! Gimme the button!!”

“I was admonishing the journalists of the fake news industrial complex who are forcing our chief diplomat into a position where they are demanding he makes the military case for action when that is not the mandate of the secretary of state,” Gorka told host Liz Claman. “That’s why we have a department of defense. If a journalist doesn’t know the difference between the secretary of state and the department of defense, they should hand in their credentials. It’s just absurd lack of understanding.”

“Fake news industrial complex” it is now?

I can’t keep up with the rampant growth of terminology anymore.

This is the guy who said yesterday, "We used to be a superpower, but now the US is a HYPERpower.”

That’s seriously a thing he said.

Hyperpower.

Hell yeah! A two-front nuclear exchange! Trump is going to outdo everyone!

The full quote (sorry, transcribed in a hurry):

We wrote them a very tough letter to the, as you know, the Congress. I personally don’t think they’re in compliance, but we have time and we’re going to see. We also put down a lot of defaults or potential default situations. I don’t think they’re living up to the spirit of the agreement. President Obama in his wisdom gave them $150b. He have them 1.8 bilion in cash, which is, that’s a hard one to figure, but that was his decision. I think it’s a horrible agreement, but they are not in compliance with the agreement and certainly not in the spirit of the agreement in compliance. And I think you’ll see some very strong things taking place if they don’t get themselves in compliance. But I do not believe they are in compliance right now.

Video (doesn’t embed here):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-says-iran-is-not-in-compliance-with-nuclear-deal/2017/08/10/e8e9d13e-7e10-11e7-b2b1-aeba62854dfa_video.html

Why wag one dog when you can wag two?

Unless they have a BMW roundel on them. Then they do worship them; just go to any GOP-dominated suburb.

I think it’s around a 50/50 chance that he will do just this. And people still support this ignorant cretin.

Fuck he is so inarticulate, he makes Bush look amazing.

On the plus side, I don’t think that’s any different from what he’s said before. He doesn’t think they’re in compliance, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the government is going to make a formal non-compliance finding. cf China and currency manipulation. That said, he’s clearly looking for any excuse to back out of it.

I’m pretty sure that both McMaster and Mattis support the Iranian deal currently.