The North Korea Thread

Now that Trump has come out as a Reb, the North Koreans are appeased.

The way KJU phrased that, I’d think he was a BoSox fan.

What is striking to me in the recent launches is that they are aimed at American primetime. Always happening at night or in the early morning, local-time.

Not much here but:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/north-korea-is-reported-to-have-launched-another-missile-heightening-tensions/2017/08/25/4569a10c-89e5-11e7-96a7-d178cf3524eb_story.html

The launch would coincide with joint exercises between the U.S. and South Korean militaries, exercises that North Korea always strongly protests because it considers them preparation for an invasion.

Edit: that propaganda video is really something.

Also, they’re doing it while all the coverage is on this hurricane hitting Texas.

If we add about 3 years and 4 months to this proposal, I think it would solve a lot of our problems. Although it would make P&R a lot more boring.

You’re smashing the wrong thing with the hammer.

Nice use of the words “striking” and “aimed” here.

I’m trying!

I don’t know if she is known worldwide, but in Japan, almost as famous as the Kim family members is this TV anchor:

She basically makes all the NK propoganda announcements. She gets an incredible amount of subtitled TV time in Japan. I guess this means propaganda really works.

I think she works at the Herfy’s just down the road from here, too. Wonderful lady. Friendly and hard working.

CNBC: Japanese government warns North Korea missile headed toward northern Japan, report says

The Japanese government has warned that a North Korean missile is headed toward the northern end of the country, according to Japanese broadcaster NHK.

Yonhap, citing South Korean military, reported that Pyongyang fired a projectile into the sea off the eastern coast of North Korea.

This story is developing. Please check back for further updates.

Oh hell.

“Don’t mind us, we’re just tossing potentially nuclear-tipped missiles over your territory. Nothing to see here!”

I believe had the missle carried that kind of payload, we’d have already fired off one of our own by now.

You are misoverestimating the willingness of the White House to listen to the intelligence community.

NK is just weird, firing missile after missile. How many missiles do they have? It can’t be that many. There’s no demonstration of accuracy, just point and shoot.

It’s like a kid with a box full of Estes rockets getting their jollies firing over the neighbors’ yards.

Apparently splashed down about 1100 km east of Japan